And then there were 2...
View attachment 2613850

Paying tribute to their lost matriarch.
View attachment 2613851

I wonder who will step up and fill her shoes 🤔
I know you probably don’t feel like it right now but I would get two more sooner rather than later. If you suddenly lose either Snow or Belle, the other will be on their own. Then you will have to scramble getting more and go through the whole quarantine process.

I know you probably don’t feel like it right now but I would get two more sooner rather than later. If you suddenly lose either Snow or Belle, the other will be on their own. Then you will have to scramble getting more and go through the whole quarantine process.
This is good advice. :hugs

I was going to wait a couple of days before I suggested it but you are right. I don't like flocks of 2. I had them for a few years and had to scramble several times to find a replacement hen. I like the number 4 for a small flock. I thought my flock was at its best when it was Lilly, Hattie, Maleficent, and Aurora. When I lost Mal I did not have to scramble for another hen, rather I had time to decide what I wanted to do.

Ruby Update

Ruby saw the avian vet today. She’s still there now. She was a bit distraught at being handled, so they administered Valium. They drained over 100cc of fluid, and gave her a new hormone implant plus metacam. We’re throwing everything at her, so we’ll do a round of antibiotics, as well.

The vet mentioned disease progression and indicated it’s almost always cancer or reproductive infection that kills them. She finds it interesting that this has gone on so long, and said we can “piece her together the best we can.”

We’ve kept her going with treatment for over two years. At some point, I’ll need to have her euthanized, like I’ve said before. Poor girl. This might be her last hurrah, but I’ve said that before.
Sorry to hear it, but I'm glad there are still treatment options.

I was thinking exactly the same Lozzy.

Ruby Update

Ruby saw the avian vet today. She’s still there now. She was a bit distraught at being handled, so they administered Valium. They drained over 100cc of fluid, and gave her a new hormone implant plus metacam. We’re throwing everything at her, so we’ll do a round of antibiotics, as well.

The vet mentioned disease progression and indicated it’s almost always cancer or reproductive infection that kills them. She finds it interesting that this has gone on so long, and said we can “piece her together the best we can.”

We’ve kept her going with treatment for over two years. At some point, I’ll need to have her euthanized, like I’ve said before. Poor girl. This might be her last hurrah, but I’ve said that before.
:hugs :hugs

:eek:
I made the mistake of forgetting I had just had a laser treatment and hopping into a jacuzzi.
Let me tell you! No one in the history of mankind moved as fast as I did to jump out of that water once it hit that burn area.
There might have been a strange animal yelp that escaped from me too.
Laser treatment is the worst! I’d rather get another tattoo! :th

Back
Top Bottom