Remember the egg I showed yall with the weird calcium deposits? Well I keep getting them... the shells are soft to crack but have a very strong skin... I wonder if I need to switch feed to a layer feed with more calcium... they always have oyster shell available but apparently some are not eating it... View attachment 2620301
I am getting the exact same thing at the moment. Was only one chicken. Now from two. But not all the time.

I awoke so early that I needed a nap. But Rocks-Anne wanted my attention, so I let her in, and we laid down together for an hour. She snuggled very close to me and fell asleep with me. I awoke, when she started nibbling gently on my ear. I guess she wanted out, to poop and visit the tribe. Jaffar was waiting on the porch for her. So very cute, I can hardly stand it! :love
Oh my gosh. Too cute for words!

How long!!

I found this photo from Eve's visit. Some folks here were speculating about who was longer, her or Davis. At one point during the visit, Davis was rolling on his back on the floor and Eve got down to imitate him.........

View attachment 2620318
So cute. It was me speculating that Davis was longer. But Evie wins. Only just! :love

How long!!

I found this photo from Eve's visit. Some folks here were speculating about who was longer, her or Davis. At one point during the visit, Davis was rolling on his back on the floor and Eve got down to imitate him.........

View attachment 2620318
This photo is amazing!!!

Remember the egg I showed yall with the weird calcium deposits? Well I keep getting them... the shells are soft to crack but have a very strong skin... I wonder if I need to switch feed to a layer feed with more calcium... they always have oyster shell available but apparently some are not eating it... View attachment 2620301
I don't have expertise either. But here's what I wonder about: you said the shells are soft to crack. So by comparison to your "regular" shells (did you used to get thicker shells?), the shells are very thin? And you're concerned about not enough calcium getting laid down? Or are the shells okay but a little on the thin side, and you're more concerned about the "land masses" on the surfaces?

Back
Top Bottom