I looked back to find out the name of Maleficent's flowers, since you mentioned they smell good, but you didn't mention the name in your more recent post. I'd like to try to grow them if they are OK for my climate, what are they? Should I try a search of very old posts? Thanks in advance!
They are called Blue Moon Phlox. Your climate is not much different than mine. They should be fine.

Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock' https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...es-stories-of-our-flock.1286630/post-22366546

I think Iā€™m caught up, but may have missed a section in the middle.(?)

Work has been INSANE! Today we distributed 300 employee appreciation bags, orchestrated by yours truly. Iā€™m am exhausted, but it was a great day!

My tomato plants were not impressed that right after a late, unseasonal cold snap (frost two nights in a row) it was 90Ā°F today. Thatā€™s almost 60Ā° swing from lowest to highest in a week! It was probably hard on the flock, too, but I got home after things had started cooling down, and they were in good shape.

Dorothy laid a shelled egg again today! Itā€™s a little wrinkled at the tip, but itā€™s a real shell!

View attachment 2650462
Good work, Lady! Looks like Dorothy is doing so much better...I'm so glad

Quick Hit Flockservations

I may have lost control over my chair, first Aurora and now Hattie. And someone has no respect for the cushion. That poo was nasty.
View attachment 2648725

Lilly laid again. She spends hours in there when she does. I'm afraid she may be cranking up to lay one a week. I need to keep a better watch on her.

View attachment 2648727
Well....that does look like a comfortable seat...and isn't that a known color of chicken attraction?? Kind feel like you gave a personal invitation to them....

Yes, sadly I've been reading. šŸ™„. I know it could be from something else, I figured I had this last year but wasn't diagnosed, and from reading I realize I could be suffering from it for a while. I also have something else going on that is hard to explain. I call it woozy head. Seeing another doc for that this month.. have seen a nuero.. I won't get into detail, but from having this horrible tummy thing plus this other, I've honestly been having a hard time doing/taking care of the chickens. Our son has helped but he and his wife work and he doesn't have the time to help as much as I need. I just don't feel well enough with this stomach thing. I used to get out there and clean like no other. I also don't want to take any chances. What if I'm a lucky one and this course of treatment helps and I don't have recurrence? I can hope. I'm getting old. I have to be well..I want to keep my husband home to die. I need to take care of me best I can. My kids thought at first it was stress causing my stomach problems. Maybe. šŸ¤·. Stress very well could have caused my immune system to misbehave. Stress can cause a lot of problems. I'm slowly losing the love of my life. Yes, I'm stressed. My chickens need to be where they can be taken care of. I honestly thought I could do this again when I started a couple of months back. :(
I wish I could give you a big hug. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom