An Unfortunate Streak

I Talked to some other people who got chickens from the same source and from the initial choosing it ended at 6/7 roos, Cinnabar being the only known pullet so far. Don't be worried about people taking all the hens first, with around five people taking home total it was just some bad luck. I just found this an interesting observation how skewed the ratio was.

Way-Back Machine?

Mr. Peabody us the way-back machine ready for another trip yet?

Really?

How bad is it?

Is it the number of jumps or how far back?

What about a short trip to just test it out? Just one jump. Would that be safe?

How much risk?

That feels pretty safe to me. Just be sure to bring tools and supplies in case we need a repair.

OK, I say we test it. How about 5 years ago?

Mr Peabody, set the way-back machine for May 6, 2016.

chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump

Well that wasn't so bad. What is happening on this day?

I poured rain all day and the ladies were out in it. Then the temperature was supposed to drop close to freezing that night. I could not let soaking at hens out in that temperature. So I brought them in and dried them off.

20210103_115601.jpg
2016-05-06 21.18.48.jpg
20160506_210003.jpg

My 17 lb cat, Dr. Zoidberg, was interested in Daisy, the greatest hen ever. He got too close for Daisy's liking and she let him know it by pecking him between the eyes. It was like a hammer hitting a coconut. Dr. Z never came close to the chickens again.

Dr. Zoidberg.
Resized_20160615_134801_2083.jpeg

Dr. Z's pain did not stop Davis from checking things out. He and Patsy had this moment. Patsy was definitely more tolerant than Daisy was. No pecking was involved.
20210103_115418.jpg

What was that?

We've been here to long?

Sorry everyone, time to go back. Take us home Mr. Peabody.

chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump

Whew, we are back successfully. Thanks Mr. Peabody. Keep working on the way-back. We may want to take a longer trip next time.

An Unfortunate Streak

I Talked to some other people who got chickens from the same source and from the initial choosing it ended at 6/7 roos, Cinnabar being the only known pullet so far. Don't be worried about people taking all the hens first, with around five people taking home total it was just some bad luck. I just found this an interesting observation how skewed the ratio was.
That is interesting. Pure randomness but I guess it can happen.

Please do use the sitter option...even if it just means for you to get out and walk (when you're feeling better). It means you don't feel rushed to get back, and you can give yourself a moment to just concentrate on you. :hugs this is coming from someone that recently had to learn how to accept help...best lesson I've ever undertook.
Yes, a good chunk of time means a more open-ended experience for yourself, & gives you the opportunity to just be, forget about being back "in time" for something, a constant caregiver worry.

Way-Back Machine?

Really?

How bad is it?

How much risk?

That feels pretty safe to me. Just be sure to bring tools and supplies in case we need a repair.

I poured rain all day and the ladies were out in it. Then the temperature was supposed to drop close to freezing that night. I could not let soaking at hens out in that temperature. So I brought them in and dried them off.

View attachment 2652689View attachment 2652690View attachment 2652691

My 17 lb cat, Dr. Zoidberg, was interested in Daisy, the greatest hen ever. He got too close for Daisy's liking and she let him know it by pecking him between the eyes. It was like a hammer hitting a coconut. Dr. Z never came close to the chickens again.

Dr. Zoidberg.
View attachment 2652704

Dr. Z's pain did not stop Davis from checking things out. He and Patsy had this moment. Patsy was definitely more tolerant than Daisy was. No pecking was involved.
View attachment 2652692

What was that?

We've been here to long?

Whew, we are back successfully. Thanks Mr. Peabody. Keep working on the way-back. We may want to take a longer trip next time.
They look so relaxed with you. 🥰

Way-Back Machine?

Really?

How bad is it?

How much risk?

View attachment 2652689View attachment 2652690View attachment 2652691

Dr. Zoidberg.
View attachment 2652704

View attachment 2652692

What was that?

We've been here to long?

Poooor Zoidy 😥

That was my first so I don't know how others will turn out, but I'm on a roll so if you pm me some photos I'll see what I can do and we can haggle.

I would need at least 3 photos of each chook, front back and side to get a reasonable likeness I think. Luckily BYBob has us taking Fluffy Butt Friday pics regularly!
I am still so amazed at your felting skill. You are so talented - you really should set up an Etsy store - I guarantee we all want some felted chickens!

Back
Top Bottom