I just woke up from a long nap, the only time my allergy eye didn't bother me. Now it's itching like crazy. Only 11 or l2 hours more till I'm at the eye doctor. Seem to remember doing this last year. He gave me allergy drops that made things much worse. Oy !!
I surely hope you have a better outcome this year. 🤞

Naenae is going be the death of me

This girl 😭 I popped outside after dinner and after the storms rolled through. The temperatures dropped nicely and the girls were happy to not be so uncomfortable.

Most were gathered by the hedge. I thought they were squabbling over a worm.
Nope.
Naenae has a soft shell egg slide out of her and they were devouring it. Piscia ran over and grabbed the entire shell and gobbled it down.
I couldn't shoo them away they were total vultures.
Meanwhile Naenae just stood there. 😕
I thought she would perk up, but she walked about 5 feet and just stood there, closing her eyes.

Two of other birds were eyeing her backside. I snatched her up and brought her in the house.

As hubby and I set up the chicken infirmary I had kiddo hold her. She laid a full sized egg, but another soft shell. On kiddo's lap. :eek:

We are keeping her inside overnight to keep an eye on her.

This poor bird. Even my extra calcium foods to her aren't helping. I don't know what to do.
Oh no. I’m sorry, Red. Dorothy has the same issue and feels lousy tonight. She’s had this for over a year, however, and is still with us. For some reason, last summer shredded zucchini seemed to help, though it could have been a coincidence. As we’ve already discussed here, shell building involves a delicate balance of calcium, phosphorous and manganese. I believe phosphorous is in meat and seeds, but you can look it up to be sure.

Also, my avian vet indicated shell gland issues are usually from an infection. However, in my opinion, Naenae seems young for that. I can’t recall… is an avian vet an option for you?

Back
Top Bottom