The Phyllis Fan

I installed the Opolar misting fan today. It hit 90°f (32°C) in the coop and I wanted to help Phyllis.

The fan installed and misting.

Temp at the start
20210723_181639.jpg

Temp an hour later
20210723_195813.jpg

I would say that it helped! Thanks @micstrachan

The Phyllis Fan

I installed the Opolar misting fan today. It hit 90°f (32°C) in the coop and I wanted to help Phyllis.

The fan installed and misting.

Temp at the start
View attachment 2771552

Temp an hour later
View attachment 2771553

I would say that it helped! Thanks @micstrachan
She'll be much more comfy!

I tell ya, misting is a great way to keep hens cool and dry.

I just hope she doesn't chill out to the point of getting up. Is that likely Bob?

Their different preferences are an endless source of interest for me. Mary recently took her first taste of ham and now there's no looking back!
Mine devour pig in any form. They know it is pig and will trample each other for it.

Has the hens' ladder moved RC? I seem to recall it was originally in a different spot.
Wow you are very observant MJ. Yes, that ladder used to be how they got in and out of their chicken door but they never really liked it and it is very long so it took a lot of space making it tricky for me to move around.
So, we built them a staircase, and I moved the ladder out to the run where they use it all the time!
Now the ladder is getting a snazzy coat of blue paint to match the staircase and the chicken doors.
I know, I have gone over the top again.
In my defense, it is a Palace!

82F5E93A-587F-4420-8E23-0918A5880178.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom