Stunning! Can I move in? 🤣
Just remember all those months it looked looked like this.

E48A0F16-1060-4170-A6E8-6FE34157EA64.jpeg

Seriously, I want to make some upgrades and adjustments to our coop and run, both for our current birds and in hope of chicks. Going to be digging through what is left of our wood pile which is a lot of salvage to see what I can make happen.
I highly recommend that.

Finally, page 1000. Only 4400 to go! I know, I know. Jump to now, catch up later. nope. Trying to keep things in context. also, don't want to miss any of the deep chicken insights/behavior observations. However, just to tide you all over, new arrival last evening (found just after a rain squall). waiting on 5 more eggsView attachment 2779820
Feed dishes were just added to keep mama on nest while the rest hatch....i hope. She went broody on an empty nest (cussed out the while flock when she got disturbed) and I had to get fertile eggs from a coworker.
That's so exciting. 1 chick so far! :wee

I was actually wondering about the "keep away" behavior today. One chicken finds something interesting, picks it up and makes a call while the others follow and try to take it. Besides play, what reason would their be for such a behavior?
I've never understood the call. I understand the run and keep it to yourself behavior but why tell everyone you have something tasty?

Finally, page 1000. Only 4400 to go! I know, I know. Jump to now, catch up later. nope. Trying to keep things in context. also, don't want to miss any of the deep chicken insights/behavior observations. However, just to tide you all over, new arrival last evening (found just after a rain squall). waiting on 5 more eggsView attachment 2779820
Feed dishes were just added to keep mama on nest while the rest hatch....i hope. She went broody on an empty nest (cussed out the while flock when she got disturbed) and I had to get fertile eggs from a coworker.
Awww. You know this group can’t resist a chick!
It is fun seeing you make progress through the thread. You ❤️ some posts as you go and I love the reminders.
Just please don’t hold back cute baby pictures as they hatch.
🥰

Startled Phyllis

I started taking this video to capture Phyllis shaking off the dust from her back and instead I caught her startling herself. 😆

Reminds me of that hilarious video from ages ago where she shakes hersel off her feet. That one is worth a repost if things are quiet.

Back
Top Bottom