It is so easy to see with roosters. CCCL related to me that until Stanley passed, Ned had never crowed. Ned appears to handle his duties in the same wonderful way as his father. Ned knew his place and learned how to be a proper rooster from his Dad. Shad used to talk about this at length.

This is why I really want Phyllis to raise these chicks. They will be so much better off with a Mum to show them the ropes.
I'm with you & Shad on this. Only a chicken can teach a chicken how to chicken

With all of this new chicken excitement, what would you enablers think of these next year?View attachment 2782959View attachment 2782960
If I get to pick colors I'd choose gold spangled and chamois to even up the black and white versus gold.
I'm hoping to put spitzhauben eggs under Ivy next time she's broody. They seem a good bird although I've read they can be noisy and flighty. They don't lay well, which is an advantage in my case/opinion.

It's shameful and there should be a consequence for them. They accepted a responsibility for a living creature. They are abandoning that responsibility and sending them to their deaths because they are no longer convenient and have no compunction over it. These people have no character and if I knew them I would avoid them before they discarded me as well.

They have no honor. 🤬
Agree totally. It is disgusting to treat a sentient being that way.

Back
Top Bottom