Pour chicken lady is a bit jealous and gets in between me and my turkeys. Chicken Lady is my oldest and dearest hen. She is over 8 years old and still gives me eggs. She let's me know when she needs some loves and cuddles. She doesn't want to be touched until she wants to be touched. 😊 and she talks up a storm.

I love this video - I have never seen a lap-turkey before! And Chicken Lady is a mighty fine looking hen!

I have 15 chickens 10 ducks and 6
5 month old turkeys. I love them all and have tons of videos of them. 🥰
I like showing them off. Im proud of my flocking friends. 😆
I'm happy you enjoyed the video.
Even my rooster will stop his crowing, to watch a good video. 18779935-BD17-4073-A893-9B8881FF156E.jpeg

Cluckle Hut Update

It is essentially done. I need to sand the bottom hinged board as I installed it upside down and there is glue on it that is preventing the top door and the hinged board from meeting smoothly. Aside from that it is ready for chickens!

Here is the completed nest box.
20210802_195530.jpg

Here is the opened door and hinged board.
20210802_195554.jpg

Here is the front porch and door. This door is temporary until the new automated door arrives. I have the hinged board up in this one.
20210802_195658.jpg

The view past the porch all the way to the nest box.

20210802_195733.jpg

Inside the coop looking into the nest box. Check out the window sill!

20210802_195743.jpg

Looking back towards the front porch.

20210802_195754.jpg

I could not help myself. I put fresh straw into the nest box for Phyllis and the babies. 💕💕

20210802_200948.jpg

Last edited:
I'm with you & Shad on this. Only a chicken can teach a chicken how to chicken
And the handed down knowledge in the tribe builds over time with experience as well. My girls all know there are hawks and act accordingly for example. The new chicks should know this right away.

And the handed down knowledge in the tribe builds over time with experience as well. My girls all know there are hawks and act accordingly for example. The new chicks should know this right away.
Like mine know which wild bird alarms they need to pay attention to. All newbies learn from my older girls. They have survived. They know the deal.

Back
Top Bottom