Too late they all died in the heat.

I'm going to trap the pests somehow and breed them for the girls and make good use of their persistence in aggravation. I think it's called revenge.

Vincent Price, laughing :D
I have heard some people hang a bit of meat from the roof of the coop or run (out of reach of chickens) and let the flies get to it and the maggots just drop off into the run and the ladies gobble them up.
A bit too icky for me but in principle it is a clever idea!

I have heard some people hang a bit of meat from the roof of the coop or run (out of reach of chickens) and let the flies get to it and the maggots just drop off into the run and the ladies gobble them up.
That just feels gross to me. I'm on an anti-fly campaign. I can't imagine making more.

That just feels gross to me. I'm on an anti-fly campaign. I can't imagine making more.
I am a bit annoyed that the Princesses don't really deal with flies.
Fortunately so far I haven't had really more than a couple in the coop, but only Diana tries to snatch them out of the air. Actually that is a funny sight because they fly zig zag and she chases them down the field zigging and zagging for all she is worth!
The other ladies focus on ground dwelling bugs.
If any get in the house my little runt of a kitty cat dispatches them with great efficiency.
That said I am with you - I am not about actively trying to grow maggots even if the ladies would appreciate them.

I've read that giving chickens the maggots from flies is good for them. What's your take on this?
I have some outside shall I give them these not?

Going to make a cup of tea and will be back soon :caf
You are talking about maggots, well take your time coming back with the tea. :gig

Our Stevie girl has laid an egg every day since her first egg arrived last week. This morning we got a surprise!

Attachments

• 4719F722-4849-4EE8-9B7D-44B37EB0D804.jpeg
    4719F722-4849-4EE8-9B7D-44B37EB0D804.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 0
:sick:barnie🤮🤢🥴

Back
Top Bottom