:hugs :hugs :hugs@BY Bob :hugs :hugs :hugs Like others I logged on expecting chick pics. How very worrying for you.
Same
It’s 6:53 pm here in California, and it’s still 104 degrees (I think my chickens are laying hard boiled eggs now) 🥵
Good luck! I hope your chickens doesn't become Costco roasted chickens! Maybe give them some ice cream or watermelon? Definitely a lot of water will be needed! It's pretty cool right now in Washington. Right now it's 9:33 PM and it's only 83 degrees outside.

Emily might be sick. She didn’t perch in her normal spot. She’s laying on a chair next to Jaffar’s perch. I hope she makes it until morning. ( I may be overly concerned, but she’s a great hen) :fl
She’s quite overweight and that’s my fault.
I’m sorry, Alex. I bet it’s just the heat. However, if she’s heavy and you’re concerned with fatty liver (which I’ve read can be worse in the heat), I believe milk thistle can help repair the liver.

I’m sorry, Alex. I bet it’s just the heat. However, if she’s heavy and you’re concerned with fatty liver (which I’ve read can be worse in the heat), I believe milk thistle can help repair the liver.
Wait, isn’t it @MaryJanet ‘s Mary whose liver was repaired with milk thistle?

Wait, isn’t it @MaryJanet ‘s Mary whose liver was repaired with milk thistle?
Peggy.

Yes, she's on milk thistle.

And biotin, choline and DMG. And tiny, really tiny, bits of cheese, eg, two grated strips per hen.

High protein, low fat pellets are the staple diet now.

I was feeding a grain mix, but Peggy was being very fussy about which grains she ate. The vet thinks it was a contributing factor to her broken liver.

Back
Top Bottom