I have no specific knowledge but my gut feel is keep them under your care for another 24 hours (she is a new Mom and may not know what to do) to make sure they are improving.
I would definitely give them a plush toy or feather duster or both to sooth them. They have had one hell of a journey so it is not surprising it is taking a bit of time.
:goodpost:

All 3 are Alive

They are however very weak and I am very concerned that the legbar will make it. She is not standing.

they have been nutridrench'ed and are under the heat plate as we speak.

When we picked them up

View attachment 2786420

After the first round of nutridrench

View attachment 2786421
My heart rate is up, my leg was tapping while catching up as soon as I woke up now.
I really hope she makes it, but am glad they are with you and Mrs by Bob now, in the best hands šŸ’œ
Welcome little ones šŸ„°

Is Mum the Answer?

So now that the chicks seemed to have leveled off I have a very important consideration. Please everyone think this over and respond with your thoughts.

is it time for me to turn things over to Phyllis. Would she be better able to bring them along or would she react by pushing them away thinking they were sick?

For some reason I am thinking that Mum could get them to eat better than I can.

This is a serious question. Please give me your honest thoughts on this.
I have such limited experience and would really defer to those that know more than I do...
With that disclaimer, I agree with Ribh that our human attempts mimick a chicken mom.

I do understand the fear of not knowing Phyllis's reaction as she hasn't been a mum yet.

Ultimately, what decision can YOU deal with? I'm a big believer in hoping for the best,but preparing for the worst...what is your regret level in either scenario if, heaven forbid, something doesn't go right?

Apologies if this reads gruff...I think you know me well enough by now to understand my tone (I hope!)...said in love and to keep you level. This is an emotional time. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom