I didn't think I was either. I cried my heart out when I first saw a mother hen leave a chiick at the nest site and head off with those who were able to follow.
There wasn't anything that I could see wrong with the chick. I spoke to someone I know whose experience I respected and got told to kill the chick.
The chick was the last to hatch in a badly staggered hatch and I got told in no uncertain terms that the bas hatch staggering was probaly my fault. It probably was as well.
I did kill the chick. I've killled quite a few since. I can just about cope with it because I know that while it feels terrible, in the long run I'm doing what's best for all. I regret having to do it but not actually doing it.
Respect, Shad, respect.
I'm frankly still broken from losing 3 from the original 10 (mail order babies...I know, I know..). And whereas I absolutely love my girls, I am not sure I will add more. Ever. Too much of an all or nothing person...I don't have much "all" left to give. So, that leaves nothing :confused:

A Fluffy Butt Foto. Bum at the Breakfast Bar for BYBob

PXL_20210806_000136338.MP.jpg
PXL_20210806_000101273.MP.jpg

Respect, Shad, respect.
I'm frankly still broken from losing 3 from the original 10 (mail order babies...I know, I know..). And whereas I absolutely love my girls, I am not sure I will add more. Ever. Too much of an all or nothing person...I don't have much "all" left to give. So, that leaves nothing :confused:
:hugs:hugs:hugs

The Buff is Eating

The Buff chick was just eating some fish out of my hand. I think she is going to make it. The Black would not eat anything.

I don't need to tell everyone my fears if Phyllis rejects them again and the Black passes away on me.
Ok, that's good. Now the black can copy her sister.

Back
Top Bottom