What Happened!!!

Something destroyed Sansa's tail feathers. I caught her sleeping on the main roost last night as she has been doing. It would seem unlikely that someone did this on the roost last night. Notice Sydney in the nest box. She does this when molting to stay away from everyone else.

Coop Cam_20211015_192056.jpg

Here is Sansa's tail 4 days ago. It looked like this yesterday.

20211016_121959.jpg

Here it this morning.

20211016_121804.jpg

What happened! They are shredded. Not pulled out.

Videos of the Phyllistines

I have been out sitting in the run with the Phyllistines this morning. They have been spending a lot of time on the porch and I have two videos of them for you.

The first is of Sylvie helping Legertha with her new feather shafts on her head. A nice little grooming session.

The second involves some spastic running about with them charging at the camera.

They are adorable but also very funny little things.

Perhaps her personality will help her to stand out from the other 3.

I know you are great with names but might I suggest Quat (pronounced "cat" It's a shortening of quatre which is French for 4 since there are 4 similar hens)?
I don’t name my chooks. (Xzit for example)

What Happened!!!

Something destroyed Sansa's tail feathers. I caught her sleeping on the main roost last night as she has been doing. It would seem unlikely that someone did this on the roost last night. Notice Sydney in the nest box. She does this when molting to stay away from everyone else.

View attachment 2867914

View attachment 2867916

Here it this morning.

View attachment 2867920

I’m not there, I wouldn’t know ! 🤔

Perhaps her personality will help her to stand out from the other 3.

I know you are great with names but might I suggest Quat (pronounced "cat" It's a shortening of quatre which is French for 4 since there are 4 similar hens)?
Whoa, I had the exact same idea, but just kept it to myself!

Do you speak French, @BY Bob ?

What Happened!!!

View attachment 2867914

View attachment 2867916

Here it this morning.

View attachment 2867920

Plati's feathers broke when she kept flapping. They kinda snapped off, no blood. So I know one cause would be blunt trauma to the Feathers.

Back
Top Bottom