Look at how beautiful my eggs are when dyed... way better than white eggs dyed! Notice how some of the same colored eggs are slightly different shades.. because the eggs were different colors...View attachment 2073952View attachment 2073953View attachment 2073954View attachment 2073955View attachment 2073956View attachment 2073957View attachment 2073958View attachment 2073959View attachment 2073960View attachment 2073961
Okay, an other blast from the past:

OMG, these eggs are soooo gorgeous. Do you use natural or standard egg dyes to get those colors @WhoDatChick ?

You are probably right - but Minnie was very distressed at being separate from the tribe as dusk fell. I feel terrible. Maybe I shouldn't have separated her.
She liked the snack in bed set-up but she does not like being away from the others to roost. She has settled down on the floor as close as she can get to the others rather than using the roost I provided.
:(
Next time, try separating her after they've fallen asleep. It'll be less stressful for her.

You are probably right - but Minnie was very distressed at being separate from the tribe as dusk fell. I feel terrible. Maybe I shouldn't have separated her.
She liked the snack in bed set-up but she does not like being away from the others to roost. She has settled down on the floor as close as she can get to the others rather than using the roost I provided.
:(
Is she only separated for poop inspection or are they picking on her?

Is she only separated for poop inspection or are they picking on her?
Earlier in the day I had resolved to separate her because they were picking on her and she was all hunched up and all three of the others would come over and peck her and she would move further into the corner and it was all just miserable.
However, as you may have seen, things looked a bit better later so I didn't do that and let her roam around all afternoon.
However, I wanted to separate her overnight because I need to leave early for the vet and I am worried I won't be able to catch her in time if she is wandering around. Maybe that was silly thinking but I also thought I could make sure she got some real food and as you said there is always poop which I was getting very worried about.
I probably should have done what @MaryJanet said which is just move her in after bed-time and not worry about the food, though I do feel good that I know for certain she ate a real meal.
I feel bad that maybe I didn't do the right thing. Now she is sleeping so all is OK until about 6:30 in the morning which is when they start waking up.

I have a Monday Mug to share.

IMG_20211017_152112.jpg

2nd pullet egg. Probably Nellie, could be Thing
20211017_191542.jpg

Went out to close the coop....most of the ladies outside...???....inside coop, Cheetah, Thing, Storm, Twirp. (3 lowest females in pecking order). Why everyone else outside? They (inside) closed the hatch (moved a rock), locking the other girls out. If they (outside) tapped on the door, it would swing open....

Earlier in the day I had resolved to separate her because they were picking on her and she was all hunched up and all three of the others would come over and peck her and she would move further into the corner and it was all just miserable.
However, as you may have seen, things looked a bit better later so I didn't do that and let her roam around all afternoon.
However, I wanted to separate her overnight because I need to leave early for the vet and I am worried I won't be able to catch her in time if she is wandering around. Maybe that was silly thinking but I also thought I could make sure she got some real food and as you said there is always poop which I was getting very worried about.
I probably should have done what @MaryJanet said which is just move her in after bed-time and not worry about the food, though I do feel good that I know for certain she ate a real meal.
I feel bad that maybe I didn't do the right thing. Now she is sleeping so all is OK until about 6:30 in the morning which is when they start waking up.
I think you did fine. Go easy on yourself. She’s seeing the vet tomorrow, and that’s the best thing you can do for her. :hugs

story time
the evil blue glass...with baked pumpkin skins...
View attachment 2869333

Checking it out....
View attachment 2869334

A bit closer....
View attachment 2869326

The bulk of the crew standing off...
View attachment 2869335

Taking pity on them..tossing it all over..
View attachment 2869336

This is goooood!

View attachment 2869338View attachment 2869339View attachment 2869340View attachment 2869341View attachment 2869337
Lucky chickens! Looks like they have a wonderful place to hang out!

Back
Top Bottom