Technically she's Thing 2. Thing 1 was killed by the dog, so she isnt the only one the tribe has seen. She also has 5 toes as did T1 and Dora (Dorking, also killed). T 1 would join the rest of the tribe exploring some of the time and hang out with T2 the rest of the time. T2 has had me ponder if she's partially blind from time to time. Then there's the thought that light reflects/refracts/filters through white feathers differently from black, and that's affecting her vision. Since trimming her feathers again, the rest haven't been pummeling her. When I ordered the chicks, I requested no Polish or other crested breeds due to the vision interference. I had been working on plans to rehome the both of them with a flock of Polish, but rehoming 1 bird with the question of blindness on top of that isn't fair to her either. Since the new trim this week, she's seems to be more observational, less picked on, and her "blindness" appears to be more feather obstruction. I have to do more observing, possibly more trimming, and the rehome is still a possibility (they had some problems pop up too : working on splitting their flock into 2 areas). As no blood has been drawn, waiting and watching seems the best option at the moment.

Edit: as she is one that Cheetah has mated with, there's a possibility of some of her eggs going under a broody this spring. Winter is just starting and is long. Alot can change (look at this summer), but if someone goes broody, and if Cheetah is mating her, if she's laying, if I can tell her eggs from Nellie's, and if a rehome hasn't happened, then making sure some of her eggs are under the broody is 1 way of maybe changing this. Lotta ifs and time in that.
I'm fascinated with how the others treat her because of the similarities to Phyllis' situation. It may be that be trimming her feathers she can now better avoid the others which are doing the pecking.

For some reason, even though there is enough space on the perch, Rime does this at roosting time.
IMG_20211024_235139701.jpg
IMG_20211024_235144490.jpg

Hello everyone. I'm getting quite behind again but I will catch up. I'm hoping Bob won't mind (and I'm pretty sure he won't but I'll have my tax ready in any case! :D ). I'm feeling quite melancholy today; the 25th October has not been a significant day for me until now. The core group of people on this thread may remember I shared a song I wrote about someone from my past, well, today is his anniversary date.

I have a singer-songwriter friend who is crazy-good talented. There is a song of his that is resonating with me at the moment, called "If Only You Were Here". We sometimes share songs we like on this thread, so I'd like to share this one with you.

Thanks everyone. Here's my tax:
IMG_2471.jpeg

IMG_2826.jpeg

IMG_4397.jpeg

Hello everyone. I'm getting quite behind again but I will catch up. I'm hoping Bob won't mind (and I'm pretty sure he won't but I'll have my tax ready in any case! :D ). I'm feeling quite melancholy today; the 25th October has not been a significant day for me until now. The core group of people on this thread may remember I shared a song I wrote about someone from my past, well, today is his anniversary date.

I have a singer-songwriter friend who is crazy-good talented. There is a song of his that is resonating with me at the moment, called "If Only You Were Here". We sometimes share songs we like on this thread, so I'd like to share this one with you.

View attachment 2877364

View attachment 2877365

View attachment 2877366
Iā€™m sorry, Lozzy. Hang in there and hugs to you! The song is very good!

View attachment 2877364

View attachment 2877365

View attachment 2877366
:hugs

Back
Top Bottom