I haven't posted about this until now on this thread.
I/we are very relieved to be able to state that my daughter is recoving from a Covid infection. Unfortunatley one of her gandmothers and another relative look unlikely to make it.
My daughter contracted Covid at the funeral of her husbands father which was held in Poland. While I know she was not high risk and had both vacinations one can never be sure that an easy revory is inevitable and naturally I've been under quite a lot of stress. We all live together and I am high risk and her husband while not high risk is not likely to fare as well as my daughter.
I posted this on the Covid thread.

My daughter is recovering.
Timeline is around 28/11/2021 is the likely date of infection.
She got back to the UK from Poland without needing a PCR test because she is vaccinated on 30/11.
Felt ill and did a antigen/lateral flow test on that day which lit up like a Christmas tree.
PCR test next morning. Positive.
Daughter renamed Sick Note and banished to the front room where she watched endless Netflix while her husband and I schemed on various ways to keep her glued to the sofa. Copius cups of tea and eggs for a few days.
Keeping her glued to the sofa became a critical problem. Husband and I retired to the shed with the intention of making a solid door with a feeding pophole.
I just can't help designing stuff with chickens in mind.:confused:
Sofa showing signs of fidget wear patches. Husband and I trying to work out if we could attatch weights to her legs and a movement sensor rigged to an alarm in case she found the strength to drag herslf and the weights out of the room.
05/12 containment no longer seemed a realsitc option. Husband and I considering whether out combined construction skills could make the shed habitable.
Apparently my design looked remarkably like a chicken coop and lots of unpleasant insinuations were made about my one track mind.
Husband and I considering hitting the Vodka brought back from Poland.
08/12 daughter did antigen test in morning and one later in afternoon. Both negative.
Daughter now fussing around the house cleaning and moving all the carefully acumulated junk her husband and I knew the exact location of.
Husband and I back in the shed wondering if a wee touch of Covid wasn't a bad price to pay for a few days peace and quiet.
I don't know whether to give you a hug for what you went through worrying about Daughter:hugs....or what you are enduring now that she is feeling better:hugs! Here's 2...one for each...just because...you probably need it for both!:hugs:hugs

Hopefully you and her husband remain healthy, and other family members pull through successfully.:fl:fl

I/we are very relieved to be able to state that my daughter is recoving from a Covid infection. Unfortunatley one of her gandmothers and another relative look unlikely to make it.
My daughter contracted Covid at the funeral of her husbands father which was held in Poland. While I know she was not high risk and had both vacinations one can never be sure that an easy revory is inevitable and naturally I've been under quite a lot of stress. We all live together and I am high risk and her husband while not high risk is not likely to fare as well as my daughter.

She got back to the UK from Poland without needing a PCR test because she is vaccinated on 30/11.
Felt ill and did a antigen/lateral flow test on that day which lit up like a Christmas tree.
Daughter renamed Sick Note and banished to the front room where she watched endless Netflix while her husband and I schemed on various ways to keep her glued to the sofa. Copius cups of tea and eggs for a few days.
Keeping her glued to the sofa became a critical problem. Husband and I retired to the shed with the intention of making a solid door with a feeding pophole.
Sofa showing signs of fidget wear patches. Husband and I trying to work out if we could attatch weights to her legs and a movement sensor rigged to an alarm in case she found the strength to drag herslf and the weights out of the room.
05/12 containment no longer seemed a realsitc option. Husband and I considering whether out combined construction skills could make the shed habitable.
Apparently my design looked remarkably like a chicken coop and lots of unpleasant insinuations were made about my one track mind.
08/12 daughter did antigen test in morning and one later in afternoon. Both negative.
Daughter now fussing around the house cleaning and moving all the carefully acumulated junk her husband and I knew the exact location of.
Husband and I back in the shed wondering if a wee touch of Covid wasn't a bad price to pay for a few days peace and quiet.
Oh dear. That is a lot of stress. I am glad it looks to be coming out OK.

Yes chickens shiver. What is the temperature in the palace when it's -3.8C outside?
Probably about minus 3.3C.
Right now it is snowing but above freezing and everyone is asleep on the roost and she is next to Maggie.
Also, she isn’t quite naked yet. She lost a lot but has feathers on her breast and wings.

It is snowing and is hovering just above freezing.
Diana is on the far right with Maggie in the middle and Dotty on the left. Minnie continues to roost solo.
Diana is making good use of the feathers she has. With this low resolution coop cam photo it looks like she is fully feathered. In fact it is just a few fluffed up to the max!
In this shot you can also see the additional nest box site I added. It is made out of an old drawer that was taking space in the barn.

6F3A69C6-C444-49EC-85AE-4B8B3AD5CB86.jpeg

So now it seems I have a new mission. Scour the internet looking for someone somewhat local to me that has at least 1 preferably 2 silkie hens available. I've found a couple with just hatched chicks, but I do not want to go that route as I might as well get eggs again. I want them ideally between 6 months to a year old that way I know I'm not getting another rooster to fall in love with. I know I don't need any more chickens, but in a way I'm doing this for Poppy. I'm less then thrilled with the idea of a 1 to 1 ratio and would like at least another pullet/hen Branches size so he does not focus all his attention on her. And we all know when introducing new hens to a flock its best to do it in pairs so I figure why not get 2 and have a 3 hen to 1 roo ratio. I'm sure all you enablers agree with this plan.

Whilst worrying for all of you, sounds like you and SIL get on well. And I’m totally on your daughter’s side when it comes to moving carefully accumulated junk!

Back
Top Bottom