Mugs Monday

Please accept this video for mugs Monday. There is a great shot of Aurora and Sydney drinking together. This video also highlights an issue I am having right now. I keep putting fresh straw in the nest boxes in case someone wants to sleep in them so they are warm. My problem is that they love scratching through fresh straw to eat something in it. So every time I fill the boxes, they toss it out looking for food. 🤷‍♂️ Lilly is doing that in the background in the video.

They are bored. Mine do that too, if they can’t get out to free range. :old

Mugshot Monday pic of the day:

okay, don’t use KFC, you could try Foster Farms Chicken? :eek::idunno:oops:
Here is the old bat in question. She is a survivor, on her bad leg all that remains is her foot pad, she lost the toes when she survived the hawk attack before I could tame her. I know this spring she will be at least 7, if not older. I would say this evil hen would live forever, but, due to her leg and having to compensate for the past 5 years she is starting to appear to develop arthritis. I will keep her going as long as she is comfortable, but, when it becomes clear that her quality of life starts to decline and there is nothing I can do to make her comfortable I will not let her suffer. When that time comes her final resting place will be beside my golden retriever that is buried under our River Birch tree. It is actually kind of fitting as she has hatched 2 clutches of chicks underneath that tree in the hay pile. She stopped laying in the middle of November when I stopped her twice trying to go broody. Her face is starting to color back up so it is just a matter of time before she is back to her old ways.
DSCN6083.JPG
DSCN6084.JPG

Here is the old bat in question. She is a survivor, on her bad leg all that remains is her foot pad, she lost the toes when she survived the hawk attack before I could tame her. I know this spring she will be at least 7, if not older. I would say this evil hen would live forever, but, due to her leg and having to compensate for the past 5 years she is starting to appear to develop arthritis. I will keep her going as long as she is comfortable, but, when it becomes clear that her quality of life starts to decline and there is nothing I can do to make her comfortable I will not let her suffer. When that time comes her final resting place will be beside my golden retriever that is buried under our River Birch tree. It is actually kind of fitting as she has hatched 2 clutches of chicks underneath that tree in the hay pile. She stopped laying in the middle of November when I stopped her twice trying to go broody. Her face is starting to color back up so it is just a matter of time before she is back to her old ways.
View attachment 2963455View attachment 2963456
You know those ones are the best ones, even though they r trouble and drive you stark raving mad.... They have character and you just can help loving them for it.

I have a horse like that, most days she drives me mental, but I birthed her and she and I have 'understanding' 💖

View attachment 2963455View attachment 2963456
Poor lady, so beautiful too!

Back
Top Bottom