I’m sure that she has her good points, but she’s feisty and wow, I wouldn’t want to challenge her. :old
You may have noticed that while she pecked @ me it wasn't full on & she allowed me to pick her up without fuss. A lot of it is pure bluff.

I got the specifics on what my vet can and will do the other day regarding chickens. He will administer basic medications, splint fractures or sew up wounds. Anything beyond that he is not able to do.
You know, all things considered that’s still a fair lot more than most vets here will do. The amount of “no” “no poultry” “not a farm vet” “only do large farm animals” out there in our area is awful. Administering and prescribing medications is a lot of the struggle. To be able to get the appropriate medication is huge… about the only things I can think of beyond what your vet is willing to do for chickens would be crop surgeries to clear impactions, bumblefoot surgeries, caponizing cockerels, or reproductive inhibiting implants. I’m also guessing that he will humanely euthanize for you as well if that was needed. :hugs

I hate doing the grass, going in circles for a couple hrs.... Makes my back ache and get all smelling of gas - Yuck!

Need sheep!
More yuck… trust me I finally broke down and herded some of them into different fields, all the random lambs separated from mom and screaming their heads off about it was getting on my nerves and Jimmy’s too. So much poop, slippery, smelly, gross poop. Everywhere.

My god woman, what’s the matter with her? ! :eek:
Hormones, Alex… raging crazy female chicken hormones, and they are contagious too. I went several years without a single broody hen, then one decided to sit on the eggs, since then it’s been spreading. I’ve got four right now (please let at least some of the eggs be good!) and three more seriously threatening

Back
Top Bottom