Good morning everyone! A chilly start here it's +5C brrrrr.

Ok enough weather whining for m me, it Two 4 Tuesday!

Two eggs - laid by two silly girls
IMG_20220515_093420.jpg

Two sassy gals running amok, Fluffy and Rose
IMG_20220516_173200.jpg

And two more runaways, Sophia and Buttercup
IMG_20220516_173129.jpg

Quick update.
Minnie survived the night so is off to the vet this morning.
Under cover of darkness Dotty flew over from the main roost and attacked the Hooligans. They were of course trapped because they were up high and against the door of the brooder. I will post video of the attack later so you guys can tell me how savage you think it was.
I have put the Hooligans down in the relative safety of their ground floor apartment. They can access the rest of the coop but the big Princesses in theory can’t get in. I don’t think any of them is seriously injured.

Here is the video of the attack. You don’t need to watch it all to see the basic events. Not nice! A tad more persistent than what she does to my ankles. Mean Dotty!

Last edited:
Anyone know what kind of snake this is? It was quite long. Maybe 30”.
There is the additional question of what it was doing inside the house.
This evening has just been too eventful for me!

View attachment 3111315
It's a milk snake, they are a threatened species here in Ontario, the crew dug up a hybernaculum on a job here once. We had to save all the snakes, then rebuild the hybernaculum and replace the snakes when construction was done.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_milk_snake

Quick update.
Minnie survived the night so is off to the vet this morning.
Under cover of darkness Dotty flew over from the main roost and attacked the Hooligans. They were of course trapped because they were up high and against the door of the brooder. I will post video of the attack later so you guys can tell me how savage you think it was.
I have put the Hooligans down in the relative safety of their ground floor apartment. They can access the rest of the coop but the big Princesses in theory can’t get in. I don’t think any of them is seriously injured.

Here is the video of the attack. You don’t need to watch it all to see the basic events. Not nice! A tad more persistent than what she does to my ankles. Mean Dotty!

Can they be shut into their apartment tomorrow night RC?

Can they be shut into their apartment tomorrow night RC?
I could do that. But I really need to get them out and about. But yes, I could move them down after dark and not open their little access doors until morning. But as I discovered last night when they are determined they can bypass my defenses. I had put cardboard over their vertical access to the top of the fire escape once I thought they were settled in their box on the ground floor. But one of them (I suspect Lulu) pushed that out of the way and they all followed her up.
:th

Back
Top Bottom