It's funny. Once I found a vet that would care for them I thought great, now they can live long lives without me always trying to guess what is going wrong. We will now know and treat appropriately. Well so far my experience with both Lilly and Sansa tells me that they will live no longer but will simply cost me more now. I've literally stumped her with both chickens. I have however spent a lot of money while stumping her.

So there's that. 😕
I had a similar "discussion" with my Vet. She wanted to do all these tests on my elderly cat said it was necessary, I told her that no they weren't.

I learnt that just because the vets have all these fancy test and equipment doesn't mean my animals are living any longer or healthy. All that was happening was that vet care was more expensive and I was not likely to bring my animals in for care which thus would shorten their lives and make them less healthy...

I told her once my kitty was gone I would not get any further pets because of the outrageous vet costs...

Of course then I got Missy dropped on my desk in Manitoba hahaha.... 12 chickens....

Jaffar was asking me about the big cabbage in the refrigerator. I said yeah you can have it, for your ladies and yourself. (I speak rooster pretty well ) :D
So, we took it out and hung it up in the run. That made for some happy chickens today. :clap
I like cabbage so I always take a tax before giving one to the Princesses!

A bit of a cough this morning but nothing since, :woot this licorice and the rest of the ingredients are working :wee he's having honey in his drink and honey lick last thing at night
Thanks so much for asking 🤗

Puss cat sticks close to his old bro

View attachment 3111559
Awww so sweet 🤗 I am glad his cough has settled 💖 thanks for the update I was wondering.

Jaffar was asking me about the big cabbage in the refrigerator. I said yeah you can have it, for your ladies and yourself. (I speak rooster pretty well ) :D
So, we took it out and hung it up in the run. That made for some happy chickens today. :clap
You're such a good chicken papa 💖

Save the Bunny!

Aurora and Betty just called out so I would come out and find Éowyn playing with a baby bunny. It was a different sound they made which was why I went to investigate. Very interesting. No Bunny was harmed although I don't think Éowyn is thrilled with me right now.
Wow that's amazing!

I have all these baby Robins about, almost stepped on one last evening. I was so worried this afternoon that the hens would find one and kill and eat it that I kept a close eye out just in case. Not sure if they would, but after seeing Fluffy kill and eat a snake, and Buttercup pummel a poor mouse into oblivion I wasn't taking any chances!

Me too! I love them both but Minnie doesn’t peck me at every opportunity so of course I have a particularly soft spot for her.
I am trying to tempt Minnie to eat a mash of chicken pellets (powder really) and kefir for probiotics. She really seems only interested in Gatorade.
And night time fun with the little Hooligans is just starting up.
:fl Hoping for the best for you. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom