Last I looked at tack shop I could see blukote there.

The best stuff I like is alu-spray. It's an aluminium spray.
Maybe it’s a BC thing? I’ll have DH check a couple horse places next time he’s in town… he loves extra shops! 🤣 the places we used to get it were OOS for a long time, couldn’t say why when asked, and eventually the shelf tags came down. Gosh I miss that stuff. I spent a full hour yesterday holding a little meat rooster chick. Someone else noticed some pink of his wattles and investigated with their beak biting and pulling on the poor little ones wattle. I rescued because he was squealing and well, one wattle was quite a bit bigger and had gone from pink to angry red. Every time I tried to return him to the brooder they would chase him and bite it. It took several attempts. Yesterday was also first grass day, but I still brought them back in for night.

I’m not 100% sure about it… if it’s an aerosol can… as they can explode. I can’t ship lithium battery items here so rechargeable stuff can be a challenge, something about the island and either the mai boat or plane? I am not exactly sure, but Amazon is really finicky about what they will let me receive. I know it’s not a controlled substance, like some of those other pet meds I may have ordered from a US company… it just hasn’t been available here for several years.
Just say if you need any of us to help.

I promise to try and remind you but I have no power over you in the end and mums and chicks are a special draw.
I told my grandpa I was going to store my incubator in his building and he was not to let me have it back until March. He was no help, said I should fill it up again now that everyone is gone. He likes baby chicks as well, and enjoys coming up and playing with them. He has almost been ready a few times to take a couple home but he has a bobcat that comes through his yard about once a week, and a few coons. He is saving up to build Fort Knox as he calls it and hopefully in the spring get a few chicks.

Off topic but….. @BY Bob , what do you use for your pool disinfectant ie chlorine, bromide, etc. ? :confused: I’m doing some swimming pool research.
I did bromine in our hot tub… I miss our hot tub. Last actual bath was March 2020. We added the hot tub because it was great for my back problems. I don’t know about pools though, I prefer warm water and I can’t swim, and they don’t have massage jets.

It's prohibited but many still do it. Before Brexit most horsey people in France got their safeguard on a UK site because in our country you need a prescription and it was five time the price.

I do this with our hives, I'll try to answer but please allow me some translation mistakes! So, the flame only needs to be just quickly passed over to burn insects or larvae. Some hives are indeed made of pine. The body of the hive is pretty thick, but some of the frames are very flimsy. It does char the wood a little if you insist, which you have to for cleaning a hive as you want the yucky wax left over to melt. If you just pass the flame quickly over it doesn't char. You can't lower the temperature but you can adjust the gaz opening and have a bigger or smaller flame. This is a picture of me doing just that on Monday, sorry for the Monday face. You can see I'm staying quite a long time on the same spot to scratch off yucky stuff. The wood never catches fire. In a coop you would need to empty it completely from the bedding. View attachment 3115609
AND you have bees too!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Our restrictions in Canada aren’t quite as stringent as Europe from my understanding… and I see queen cups on that frame? Did you have a swarm. Are you torching because of Varroa mites or hive beetles, oe something else. Oh and do you use open frames or have they got a starter panel. I really want to get into beekeeping as well (about ten years or so I’ve been interested at this point) but one of my Husband’s Aunts is allergic and terrified of awful aggressive bees (although she happily and knowingly hammered on a wasp nest infested wall and took a sting back in 2019 🙄)

It's not the size of the chicken it's the size of the fight in the chicken. They are tough to watch but you did right staying out of it.
I didn’t do this at all yesterday, Trouble is in no shape to be making Trouble with other hens, and then at the end of the day Sammy and Dean decided to get back into it. No way. Not happening. Last time they got serious about a “discussion” I had a house Rooster for more than a week and I’m worried Sammy has lost partial vision in his right eye as well. It was initially fine but the Iris has started to cover the pupil.

Have you ever tried Adams flea and tick spray.. not sure if they sell it there but you could probably order it. It is the best.. it’s harmless to animals and will kill every creepy crawly out there! I spray it in the coop for mosquitoes.. it will kill anything that crawls where you sprayed for a long time. I think it’s the solution!
I haven’t tried that, it’s been a while since I’ve been into a pet store here, but will see if it’s still available DH found an ant/roach spray that is permethrin based. I didn’t try a propane torch in the trailer but did use a bbq lighter around my broody box. It did t go well! I still like the just build a new better coop idea, but there is this other little building project I’ve still got going 😂 weather is beautiful but today is a sausage making day because we have markets on saturdays starting up again!

AND you have bees too!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Our restrictions in Canada aren’t quite as stringent as Europe from my understanding… and I see queen cups on that frame? Did you have a swarm. Are you torching because of Varroa mites or hive beetles, oe something else. Oh and do you use open frames or have they got a starter panel. I really want to get into beekeeping as well (about ten years or so I’ve been interested at this point) but one of my Husband’s Aunts is allergic and terrified of awful aggressive bees (although she happily and knowingly hammered on a wasp nest infested wall and took a sting back in 2019 🙄)
You seem to know bees 🐝

Back
Top Bottom