Minnie dragged herself outside just now.
Mostly she just sat and watched - like a patient in an old fashioned sanitarium with rugs over their knees.
She did go for a short walk about and nibbled on some leaves and seeds.
Not enough to feed a sparrow in all honesty but it reassures me that she is still having some joy in life even though most of the day I think she is dead and have to check she is still breathing.

View attachment 3117628
She is still lovely, even when not feeling well! The heart was for her looking so regal/catwalk ready even when ill.

These are for you...andher until she feels better.:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

She is still lovely, even when not feeling well! The heart was for her looking so regal/catwalk ready even when ill.

These are for you...andher until she feels better.:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs
Thank you. I hate seeing her poorly. She really is my prettiest chicken. I love all my Princesses, but there is something about Minnie that I just think is gorgeous.

Thank you. I hate seeing her poorly. She really is my prettiest chicken. I love all my Princesses, but there is something about Minnie that I just think is gorgeous.
And it probably doesn't hurt that she DOESN'T yell at you or draw blood from your ankles!

I know what you mean, it just kills me, too, when one of mine are not feeling well. Especially when you can't help them (i.e. know that they are turning the corner and getting better). When it is a special hen, it is even worse. :hugs :hugs 🫂:hugs:hugs

Broad spectrum, Doxycycline
Excellent choice on the vet’s part! Hot it all! That is my first choice when I suspect a reproductive infection, followed by wnrofloxacin.
I can get her to drink and sometimes she drinks on her own. I am spiking it with electrolytes and sugar when I can.
I created some beef pills using Gerber beef baby food frozen in litttle chunks and got a couple of those into her this morning just like giving a pill.
great idea!

Cuckoo marans are barred....I have a CuckooXAmericauna of my own that looks similar in terms of barring...but no 'leaking' of brown (but my Americauna girl was pretty light)
I only have Black and Blue Copper Marans. They were all supposed to be Black but… not the greatest hatching egg purchase back in 2018, but I do love them, and their crossbred offspring have done well, although I haven’t had much success in staring Marans pairing, and I only had the two hens and one Rooster hatch out, and two successful home hatched chicks from them.

You gotta be kidding. No hen is ever that bad (T-Rex bad) :gig
I beg to differ, I found a very, very stale sausage bun in the market stuff (2weeks old, and not moldy but rock hard) you would think that the free rangers didn’t have two full feeders and had had a bunch of scratch already by the way the were attacking it, and me! Like little vicious dinosaurs. Pecking, biting, tearing… and “ow! That was my hand; ouch that too! Stop biting me!!!” It was a feeding frenzy akin to a school of piranha

I hear you Alex... Missy cost me $1700 (I 💩 you not 😡) last summer over the long weekend, she was dehydrated, and lab work and meds and my suggestion to give her subcutaneous fluids... Wish they listened to me at first!

Highway robbery 😡😡😡
Any place you can just pick up the lactated ringers for that? It’s quite simple to do at home. We had to do this for my Whisper, it bought him about another Six months or so of decent quality of life. One thing I will give my Cat Vet (aside from my cats all absolutely loved him) is he at least didn’t treat me like an idiot and was willing to allow me to self administer most things, listened to what my observations were, and was generally just awesome, if only he would treat chickens and goats!

Back
Top Bottom