Do you have a magnet 🧲? I’m constantly finding nails, bolts, screws and other stuff in the yard where the chooks scratch around in. Lots of broken glass also 🙁 (but the property used to be a mechanics yard and dump site.
Hubby just suggested that. I asked him if we’ve got a really strong one, just waiting for him to respond.

I can one-up you on the water hack. I now have real gutters but just in case I still have the cat litter bucket with a hole cut in the bottom and a pipe duck taped inside the hole.
It worked great.
When I next go over where I stored it (who could throw out such a useful device?) I will take a picture.
I just moved 3 tires to various locations along the garage/carport to play water catchers for the stuff running off the roof.....then took the hose and filled them as the roof is dry....drinking locations x something is chasing me dodging obstacles.

The littles did some exploring, supervised by me and assorted adults: exitted the coop through the big door, circled around and inside the through the bird door.
20220522_111915.jpg
20220522_112110.jpg
20220522_112920.jpg

The chippy has tiny wattle marks and rose comb is pink and seems to have grown. This one was one of the first to hatch and was thought to be out of the MIL eggs, making it a bielefelder x. Rose comb though...possibly a Hamburg x brown leghorn instead.... waiting on the others showing signs/signs being definite.

I couldn’t let the chickeny day end, without one more treat. So, I gave each bird a table grape 🍇 while they were sitting on their perches. (They liked that) :D
Its a rule that you simply cannot take any food outside, due to Rizo snatching it. Took a mini pack of popcorn, rizo grabs it, runs off, and rips it open and starts eating it! Shes a booger.

Do you have a magnet 🧲? I’m constantly finding nails, bolts, screws and other stuff in the yard where the chooks scratch around in. Lots of broken glass also 🙁 (but the property used to be a mechanics yard and dump site.
So am i. Vanilla tidbits with them. Last night he tidbitted a rusty screw.

Confused if he’s trying to get ladies or kill them at this point.

I am thinking they will learn to perch on top of it. They will thank you for installing it for them!
I don't think they'll be able to get that high. Snowy might have a crack at squeezing between the door and the post, but the installers can block that off if need be. For now, there's extra fence panelling at the bottom of the path as there are metal shavings in the garden. I need to see if we've got a strong enough magnet to pick them up.

Back
Top Bottom