I do not know personally of any flocks involved but there has been one producer around 30 miles from here that had to cull their entire flock.

If everyone is not aware there is a second flu variant on the loose and cases are skyrocketing. The vaccine was not designed for this second variant so a lot of people are getting really sick from it. My son in law and a good friend of mine have both had it recently and they were both vaccinated for the flu.
I had not heard that. But isn’t it a bit early? I don’t normally get my flu shot until November!

Hmmm, seems the Sydney taught the newbie striped one ( you know, the BR wanna-be :lau) about the yummy purple corn. I don't see any purple on your foot stool!!:confused:

Seriously,, though, that is some REAL progress! And, even if I joke about her being a BR wanna be, she is lovely in her own right!:love (Having black & white stripes doesn't hurt, either!)
There was no purple because Sydney ate them all. In fact Hattie jumped up and had a few as well. They left the yellow for Betty. 😆

Not personally, but we are relatively insulated here by all the ferries. There have been several farms in the lower mainland though that have tested positive and are being culled. Such a waste. I’m not sure if there have been any reported cases on Vancouver Island yet, but the majority of our poultry is produced in the Fraser valley. So our Last long weekend kicked off trespasser/tourist season, and there was a blonde lady my mom was asking if we knew who she was (she stopped by the store and then fetched a jerry of gas for us on Saturday). My mom masked to go into the store because she’s 70 and it makes her feel better, and we have a lot of very strong vaccine opinions, elderly, and mask proponents here so it also “looks good for the neighbours” if you know the mentality. She accidentally made eye contact with this lady and got yelled at for “judging her” in the store. So The virus might be waning here, but the prejudice and volatile social climate hasn’t one bit.
I am masking when out in public - if I get glared at I explain it is for their protection and add that I am contagious and they shouldn’t come too close.
I don’t say what with but a cough or better yet a good scratch normally means people steer clear of me.

Not personally, but we are relatively insulated here by all the ferries. There have been several farms in the lower mainland though that have tested positive and are being culled. Such a waste. I’m not sure if there have been any reported cases on Vancouver Island yet, but the majority of our poultry is produced in the Fraser valley. So our Last long weekend kicked off trespasser/tourist season, and there was a blonde lady my mom was asking if we knew who she was (she stopped by the store and then fetched a jerry of gas for us on Saturday). My mom masked to go into the store because she’s 70 and it makes her feel better, and we have a lot of very strong vaccine opinions, elderly, and mask proponents here so it also “looks good for the neighbours” if you know the mentality. She accidentally made eye contact with this lady and got yelled at for “judging her” in the store. So The virus might be waning here, but the prejudice and volatile social climate hasn’t one bit.
I'm going to let the societal portion go. I was going to diatribe but I need to stop doing that. It is negative energy and I need to stay in a positive place.

Tax
20210406_082836.jpg

I'm going to let the societal portion go. I was going to diatribe but I need to stop doing that. It is negative energy and I need to stay in a positive place.

Tax
View attachment 3121811
Taxes coming soon… Promise! I am just about to tackle morning chores, and I used up all my tax pictures yesterday. Today is more overcast, so I will at least be able to see the phones screen while I’m collecting pictures. “No fluffballs… I need pairs today! Just two chickens, please be cute… all the other peoples chickens are cure and behave!” Best I can do for now is breakfast and yesterday’s egg collection.
4B2918A6-D540-47F4-B646-1C16AF6CD7DD.jpeg

Morning visitors:
D924C8AC-ACF1-455C-AF4B-AD827633A204.jpeg

Luckily these guys have been here for ages and aren’t exactly migratory. The goats are now trying to beat their way out of the barn, with this dreary weather I doubt their interest in “outside” will last too long… I plan on installing a latch on the inside of the barn door today, if I can find one. Because Jimmy has figured out that I just close it and he can open it with his head while I’m putting Arduinna’s collar on, make a break for the feed cans and spill feed everywhere while gorging. Then I usually get to spend about half an hour chasing him with his collar.

Back
Top Bottom