Good news, My geese just showed up all 9. So either mom and dad saw something, stashed the babies, and were creating a distraction, or those were no my geese. I’m leaning distraction because I’ve watched them do similar stunts
Before (cattle herding away from the babies, etc)
Love it. Smart geese!

I had frosting for breakfast… also regretting some diet choices this Morning here…
Hmmm. I can't work out this post. Are you saying frosting is not a breakfast food? That would be like saying cake is not a breakfast food which is clearly not the case as breakfast is the best time to eat cake.
I am lost on this one.
:idunno

Morning Mama pics… we have six chicks under Grey Mama and three under Goldie. Tossed two more bad eggs, which made the Ravens happy despite the 🤢 factor. I’m not very happy with the Ravens ATM though. I’m fairly sure they also have babies to watch, but this morning we had a Juvenile Eagle threatening that was run off by all things by the nearby nesting Red Tail Hawk… I don’t think the Hawk is really much better, but at least it flew back off across the fields.

I have one chick with an interesting colour pattern I’ve never seen before, so it will be fun to see how she (hopefully) grows out.
E5257E56-BE46-489C-8EE6-0486F09FB379.jpeg
793EAC38-D84B-43A0-A3C9-398159856E50.jpeg

There is also one traditional chipmunk chick and one slightly darker, as well as one lone small black, probably a second generation Sapphire/Marans cross so out of one of the green laying black ones with maybe Dean as the father would be my guess. We are 50/50 for feathered feet… from Chickie Hawk and Mr Maran as Grandpas.

Hmmm. I can't work out this post. Are you saying frosting is not a breakfast food? That would be like saying cake is not a breakfast food which is clearly not the case as breakfast is the best time to eat cake.
I am lost on this one.
Not cake, not even nice home made frosting… as in straight out of the tub Betty Crocker chocolate frosting and a spoon… after the early morning wild goose chase (literally) I was waiting if the water to boil and saw the partially eaten tub from last nights bedtime snack, which may also have contributed to the less than stellar sleep.

I am lost on this one.
The rest of the world pretends not to eat cake for breakfast. They forgo the frosting and call it a 'muffin'.🙄

Back
Top Bottom