First Thunderstorm

The Rascals survived their first thunderstorm today.

OK I'm back to being concerned about Gucci. :( I'm not actively looking for this, it just jumps out at me, in the beginning and then again at the end, the two places you can clearly see how she's moving. She's not walking well. In this video it's her left leg. It's weak compared to the right, she is centering herself over her right leg to take weight and then limping when she puts weight on the left. And she is tending to want to sit not stand. :( Hopefully this is intermittent, or a minor injury, and if it's real like @RoyalChick's Bernadette, B vitamins will help?

Your right Branch has quite the comb. It is different then anyone else's and where it is black and he is black it is often missed in pictures.
I also love Chiquita and Ezzie's colors. Ezzie in particular I love the richness of the red and orange. I found something yesterday evening while holding him. in his tail there are now 2 green feathers. Ezzie is a boy, those iridescent green feathers just solidified it for me. A hen simply would not have them with that coloring. Chiquita while she looks 100x better now then when she arrived I believe will be stunning after she goes through a good molt. The poor girl was in rough shape when arrived and she has spent the 6 months I've had her putting on weight and re growing damaged feathers. She is now at a healthy, ok maybe a little chubby weight. All she needs is a fresh coat of entirely new feathers.
View attachment 3166862View attachment 3166863
Awwww 🤗 so lovely.

Marty says if Ezzie is a boy he should come to Canada 💖

IMG_20220628_172751.jpg

OK I'm back to being concerned about Gucci. :( I'm not actively looking for this, it just jumps out at me, in the beginning and then again at the end, the two places you can clearly see how she's moving. She's not walking well. In this video it's her left leg. It's weak compared to the right, she is centering herself over her right leg to take weight and then limping when she puts weight on the left. And she is tending to want to sit not stand. :( Hopefully this is intermittent, or a minor injury, and if it's real like @RoyalChick's Bernadette, B vitamins will help?
I do see what you mean. There are a couple of places in the video - one early in and one towards the end - where her left leg bends down and isn’t holding her weight, and a couple of others where she is down on her hocks - most noticeably at the purple feeder.
But honestly it isn’t enough to be sure.
That said, B2 is cheap, readily available and safe. So I guess no harm in supplementing for a while.

I do see what you mean. There are a couple of places in the video - one early in and one towards the end - where her left leg bends down and isn’t holding her weight, and a couple of others where she is down on her hicks - most noticeably at the purple feeder.
But honestly it isn’t enough to be sure.
That said, B2 is cheap, readily available and safe. So I guess no harm in supplementing for a while.
Also, when she is standing on both legs, the left one is forward, too forward. @BY Bob can you take a look? I know this is peanut gallery doctoring but are they on medicated feed? Can you get more video of her please?

The official Mugshot Monday shot.

Squirrel
She is guilty of sneaking in the back door while I was cleaning the bathrooms and laid her egg on the couch in the exact spot Bunny did. :th No I will not go through this again.
View attachment 3165854
I've been hanging on to this question until I could catch up - how does Squirrel know about the couch? I missed that, if Squirrel saw Bunny in there. Or is the couch just so obviously a great place to lay eggs? Have Squirrel and Bunny been on BeakBook?

I looked at it again and I really don't see anything jumping out at me, and I am a leg person - if my horses even stumble I am all over them like a bear in garbage...

It would be better to see them outside roaming freely before seeing anything, the coop area is just too small for them to get strutting out.

I see it too...😟 Is she likely to have injured herself somehow...?

I looked at it again and I really don't see anything jumping out at me, and I am a leg person - if my horses even stumble I am all over them like a bear in garbage...

It would be better to see them outside roaming freely before seeing anything, the coop area is just too small for them to get strutting out.
Yes, but what I see doesn't need any room to watch her gait, as she's sinking on the left leg when just standing. If you notice the other two, they have a perfectly solid stance at all times., and sprint about easily. Gucci doesn't look steady negotiating around the waterer, and is tentative in her walk. :(

Back
Top Bottom