How does Squirrel know about the couch you ask? Grandma and Bubba would be the answer. When Bunny first started laying on the couch Bubba would follow her inside until she got up on it then go back to the door to be let out by grandma. Ever since Bunny went broody and hatched her chicks there Bubba has taken it upon himself every time now the back door is left open to invite every hen he can inside. When it is not horribly hot in the afternoons and early evenings and we are going back and forth doing chores the back door gets left open a lot. So far Bubba has brought in Holly, Daisy, Raven, Chiquita, Squirrel and Blueberry. He and whatever hen he calls inside make a beeline for the couch. Grandma thought it was cute. She is not here anymore and I'm dealing with the aftermath of ruined chickens.
Hahaha

Well I think it cute 😊

....as long as NO cecal poops that is!

I need some reassurance. Lulu is developing a comb and wattles more than Bernadette and much more than Bella who doesn’t seem to possess either.
She is more zippy than the other Hooligans but I have been putting that down to her being a Legbar - she definitely likes to fly.
She is chest bumping Bernadette but all three of them are chest bumping each other.
She is now 13 weeks old (@BY Bob I must have miscounted weeks previously - they are much older than yours).
Is there anything that says boy about Lulu?

View attachment 3166865View attachment 3166866View attachment 3166868
Nothing but hen there. Remember, the leg in Legbar is for leghorn. They got combs and wattles for days!

20170211_181252.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly?
I am beside myself. So love her. She is built like a tank however and charges through obstacles flattening them as she goes.
View attachment 3167323
This picture right here demonstrates why I love black chickens. Yes you can see the blue and green but if you look real close you can also pick up the hints of purple. A black chicken is never a dull black like I previously thought, they are a living moving gemstone or rainbow. She only has one thing missing, grow some feathers on those legs girly.

You can observe the effects of imaginary numbers. Some properties of electricity is a perfect example of that.

(but please don't ask me about electricity. In physics, I got the concept of electrical flow impacting polarization regarding magnets (i.e. magnetic field), but did NOT retain that which was memorized but not understood 35+ years ago.) *sigh* But I got calculating with signed number just fine. Now that is systematic and logical! magnetic fields, not so much..why, when electricity flows right to left, is the magnetic field generated in a cyclical field around the wire in a counter=-clockwise direction? Why not clockwise? How does that get determined? Physic's teacher's response: just remember it like this: make a loose fist with right hand, thumb out. Thumb is direction of current, fingers are magnetic flow/field. Didn't help that I'm a lefty and kept wanting to use my left hand, which of course, would make the magnetic field flow in reverse!!!:lau:lau:lau

I'm away at a conference. I'll pay my tax (with interest) end of the week.:D
I also learned the thumb trick from a physics teacher :) it's very effective - look at us recollecting it all these years later!

OK thank you!
That makes me feel better. I will try to get a closeup of her back and neck so you can see feather details. She wandered off somewhere and I need to go in because I am being attacked by a swarm of tiny biting black beetles.
Do your job ladies - I don’t want to see a single one of these when I return!
I could see them in the photo. No rooster traits by my eye.

I need some reassurance. Lulu is developing a comb and wattles more than Bernadette and much more than Bella who doesn’t seem to possess either.
She is more zippy than the other Hooligans but I have been putting that down to her being a Legbar - she definitely likes to fly.
She is chest bumping Bernadette but all three of them are chest bumping each other.
She is now 13 weeks old (@BY Bob I must have miscounted weeks previously - they are much older than yours).
Is there anything that says boy about Lulu?

View attachment 3166865View attachment 3166866View attachment 3166868
Thank the lord you miss counted. I thought you were raising actual dinosaurs!

Back
Top Bottom