Xzit is talking to something. (And it’s not me) but I don’t hear any peeps
I usually can't hear the peeps until the chick has pipped...but then I don't 'steal' :gigthe egg from under momma at this point. I am sure momma hears them sooner, as her buk, buk, bukking changes to a softer tone around this time, and gets more constant. Just be patient, relax, and enjoy listening to her chatting with her chick...building the baby-momma bond and encouraging it to hatch.

Sorry, the Friday butts are all very uncooperative today. They all turned out blurry.
Vanille and Caramel raise the butts.
View attachment 3170268
Caramel's enlightened butt.

View attachment 3170271
Cannelle says No way you're taking a picture of my butt.
View attachment 3170269
Almost caught them butt to butt but they moved when they saw me.
View attachment 3170270
I do have a nice broody and chicks picture to make up for this butt fail.
View attachment 3170277
She really is a lovely little hen. I'm happy for her to be such a joyous mother.

I just thought of something, do you have chick starter on hand? If it hatches they are capable of surviving up to 3 days without food and water so you have time to get some. I just personally never relax until the chicks are eating, drinking and pooping. After that I hold my breath until they are a week old then I relax and really start enjoying the babies. Another thing that has never been mentioned as we were not sure if they were fertile or not. Are you hoping for a pullet or cockerel?

My attempts at fluff this morning, just before getting called into work early
20220701_061934.jpg
Blanche

20220701_061743.jpg
Jessica

20220701_061650.jpg
Pippa

Going into work early enough tomorrow that feather foot loving kid will be opening coop.

Yes, at 1:22 or so she almost does a slow-mo Phyllis! - and then near the end she's down on her hocks because of the weakness. She is shaky a lot of the time. But in a certain way she's improved, like in the placement of her feet, for instance, and definitely in recovering from the near-spin out, she stuck that landing!
So there's room for a chair between the coop and the fence then? This is good, stick with it,! This is heartwarming for me to see, picturing you right there next to them. They also seem undisturbed by you, which is great! Ignoring you is better than fearing you and running away. They feel safe with you there. Looks like there could be enough room for them to come and go too, in and out around you, when they get bolder.
I can't let them out as they would then be able to come fence to fence with the big ladies. I need another perimeter around this perimeter and I don't have enough room to do it sadly. We are now inside 2 weeks. I will make it.

I just thought of something, do you have chick starter on hand? If it hatches they are capable of surviving up to 3 days without food and water so you have time to get some. I just personally never relax until the chicks are eating, drinking and pooping. After that I hold my breath until they are a week old then I relax and really start enjoying the babies. Another thing that has never been mentioned as we were not sure if they were fertile or not. Are you hoping for a pullet or cockerel?
I’m hoping for a living 🐣 chick

I can't let them out as they would then be able to come fence to fence with the big ladies. I need another perimeter around this perimeter and I don't have enough room to do it sadly. We are now inside 2 weeks. I will make it.
:hugs:hugsI know it isn't the same, but sitting by the open coop door is something. Your presence, and you talking to them, WILL help. Just think, in no time they will be chatting back with you! (and we ALL know that chicks have LOTS to say!🥰)

Back
Top Bottom