CD413351-9B64-4D84-8A81-AFA5D3FF1457.jpeg

My husband was given a pear tree a few years back that he planted (at 'his house') It had it's first crop of fruit - 5 pears...and he checked on them every day waiting for them to be ripe. One day he came back into the house and said '1 or 2 good, sunny days and they'll be ready!" He was so excited! The next morning they were ALL gone. Pretty sure it was an opossum that ate them all over night! He used to think they looked cute, in a fugly sort of way. He hates them now.
Pears are so hard to grow. I can feel his pain deep inside. How awful.

Pear tax

Lilly and Patsy from a few years ago.
20170618_121912.jpg

Gorda is much better, back to her normal squawking self. It looks overcast from the pics but the sun had already set . No relief from the heat so tomorrow I'll put more ventilation where possible and order the shade cloth Friday when I get paid.
So glad to hear she recovered. Great save on your part! 👍👍

She is cute!
Thanks for asking about Bella - she is not well. Her crop was empty in the evening (not good) but when I gave her mash she wolfed it down (good!). She fell off the roost again last night and did not get up bright and early (not good) but she is running around now (good). For what I could see of her during the night she was doing her head stretched and open mouth breathing (not good).
She is a mystery.
I doubt I will get a vet appointment for today but am calling them now to get an appointment hopefully for later in the week.
Surely they hold a few appointments for emergency cases.

My husband was given a pear tree a few years back that he planted (at 'his house') It had it's first crop of fruit - 5 pears...and he checked on them every day waiting for them to be ripe. One day he came back into the house and said '1 or 2 good, sunny days and they'll be ready!" He was so excited! The next morning they were ALL gone. Pretty sure it was an opossum that ate them all over night! He used to think they looked cute, in a fugly sort of way. He hates them now.
Hahaha

One year I had a stellar crop of peaches that I was going to pick, but it was hot and I didn't want to that night it was so hot, so I decided to wait till morning.

Next morning I went to the barn and checked the peaches on the way - darn tootin! Every single one gone!!! Must have been 2 dozen of them !!!! :th

Back
Top Bottom