Fun times here, I was cutting back the weeds along the fencing minding my own business….

View attachment 3214482

Dum de dum diddle de dum, humming to myself chatting with the horses when all of a sudden…..

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - and a swarm of epic proportion’s flew out of the ground - I ran (I can run fast haha!) the horses ran, the chickens bolted inside the barn..

Blahhhhhhhhhhh aaaaaaaaaaa (some swearing)…

Phew! Made it and didn’t get one sting! I guess I found where Lulu got all her stings from the other day on her face and neck!!!

Once the settled down I finished the weed wacking carefully hahaha. Then took this photo of the little blighters

View attachment 3214485
Oh those are the worst!

Back tax owing

To muggy and hot to do much other than run away from yellow jackets…

Some random chickie pix

The new guy is looking spiffy
View attachment 3214515
View attachment 3214516
View attachment 3214517

Blanche playing jungle fowl
View attachment 3214521

Misty finally off the nest and stepping out
View attachment 3214520

Dorothy hasn’t given up yet, those golf ball might hatch!
View attachment 3214522

Curly showing off her pretty blue ears
View attachment 3214518
I never noticed Curly's ears are blue. So adorable.

What’s you plan?
I am out of ideas. I am doing what I can for salpingitis or stuck egg even though I am not convinced it is either.
I have ordered a different coccidiosis medicine but I don’t know if she will survive until then.
So mainly just trying to keep her comfy in the coop. It is a tad cooler today.

Allman Bros tax:

An excursion across the driveway lot over to the barn and woodpile, a favorite spot to go when out with me, it's a protected alley between the house and garage (handy safety shelter in the garage too). It's shady most of the day and offers good digging and greenery. Here's Hazels fluffy butt:
PXL_20220807_142747668.jpg

Butters examining
PXL_20220807_142736817.jpg

Moving, I love their feet!
PXL_20220807_142732321.jpg

Hello Butters!
PXL_20220807_142732155.jpg

Popcorn also foraging. Along with Hazel, she has a slow molt going on
PXL_20220807_142723988.jpg

Butters drinking, that's fresh rainwater in an old frying pan
PXL_20220807_142537138.jpg

Back near the run because they heard something I didn't hear that made them all want to go back. Here's Popcorn with periscope up, now a different sound, a Robin alarm calling and everyone is still and listening. Popcorn is furthest away from the run though (as usual, she's a straggler but also is boldest)
PXL_20220807_143952860.jpg

They decided it was best to get back in the run and make for under the lilac bush. I have the aviary netting from the run stretched over part of it and anchored to the ground in the back. The saplings growing under it bend over but hold it up and it makes a cool shady hidden spot they like to take their midday rest in, and they dig and dustbath in there.
PXL_20220807_144612077.jpg

Here's a late-morning view of the current arrangement of their runs & coop. Part of the lilac bush is in view on the right, next to the white waterer there. They might be all under there now, 11:30 is their usual dustbath time, though the ground is damp from rain. This configuration has been good with the sun high in the sky and the heat, there's sun that moves through the greenhouse frames end (left side) but really good shade elsewhere all day. The coop, though double-walled, never bakes in the sun, cool air circulates around it and it has stayed reasonably cool.
PXL_20220807_152250207.jpg

Allman Bros tax:

An excursion across the driveway lot over to the barn and woodpile, a favorite spot to go when out with me, it's a protected alley between the house and garage (handy safety shelter in the garage too). It's shady most of the day and offers good digging and greenery. Here's Hazels fluffy butt:
View attachment 3214434

Butters examining
View attachment 3214435
Moving, I love their feet!
View attachment 3214449
Hello Butters!
View attachment 3214451

Popcorn also foraging. Along with Hazel, she has a slow molt going onView attachment 3214463

Butters drinking, that's fresh rainwater in an old frying pan
View attachment 3214464

Back near the run because they heard something I didn't hear that made them all want to go back. Here's Popcorn with periscope up, now a different sound, a Robin alarm calling and everyone is still and listening. Popcorn is furthest away from the run though (as usual, she's a straggler but also is boldest)
View attachment 3214469

They decided it was best to get back in the run and make for under the lilac bush. I have the aviary netting from the run stretched over part of it and anchored to the ground in the back. The saplings growing under it bend over but hold it up and it makes a cool shady hidden spot they like to take their midday rest in, and they dig and dustbath in there.
View attachment 3214471

Here's a late-morning view of the current arrangement of their runs & coop. Part of the lilac bush is in view on the right, next to the white waterer there. They might be all under there now, 11:30 is their usual dustbath time, though the ground is damp from rain. This configuration has been good with the sun high in the sky and the heat, there's sun that moves through the greenhouse frames end (left side) but really good shade elsewhere all day. The coop, though double-walled, never bakes in the sun, cool air circulates around it and it has stayed reasonably cool.
View attachment 3214506
You have such good looking chickens. I am also jealous of your green houses.

Back
Top Bottom