Aw, Ribh. When is this happening? You will be in good hands and I’m sure you will handle it just fine. I will be thinking if you!!

Tax (the girls destroying my little narcissus bed)
View attachment 3223651

And yes, they did chuck the marigolds out while they were at it. 🤣
View attachment 3223652
Wednesday, Michelle. So far the hospital staff have been pretty nice & quite understanding. Unfortunately there is a rinse & repeat in 3 weeks time ~ & I figure that will be worse because then I will know how bad it gets. :(

Wednesday, Michelle. So far the hospital staff have been pretty nice & quite understanding. Unfortunately there is a rinse & repeat in 3 weeks time ~ & I figure that will be worse because then I will know how bad it gets. :(
Remember to take any pain meds and to give yourself time to rest. I will be thinking of you.

Monday mugs

Good morning all, Mr Pompei has awakened (he likely heard my alarm going off at 5am), and has been crowing. 😊
5E154546-09B0-4E00-9FF0-E4AA5B456925.jpeg

Marty looking all cute
E6BF83D7-2CBC-423C-A206-A8B196FA3742.jpeg

Aw, Ribh. When is this happening? You will be in good hands and I’m sure you will handle it just fine. I will be thinking if you!!

Tax (the girls destroying my little narcissus bed)
View attachment 3223651

And yes, they did chuck the marigolds out while they were at it. 🤣
View attachment 3223652
I didn’t bother planting anything at the barn this year… after last year when they destroyed my tomato plants and flowers….

Mr Pompei is not learning to roost in the hen house, he is following Misty’s lead and flying up on the door top. So I have 2 chickens to move off the door top, Whiskers to move from the shavings into the hen house and Marty to remove from the window.

Bed time drama….

Before the moves
View attachment 3223488

After the moves, not sure what Marty is doing? Is she wanting to jump down??
View attachment 3223489
Could you fix a roost bar up at the height of the top of the door for them? Or are you worried about injury on the way down?

This is just the icing on the cake for a very crappy and stressful few days. I received a phone call about 9 friday night. My biological father who while I do not have the closest relationship with I try to see at least once a month and talk to at least once a week was hospitalized Wednesday with suspected pneumonia. He took a turn for the worse, unresponsive and was transferred out to a different hospital and they were calling the family in. They think he's had a stroke but is not stable enough for a MRI to confirm even though 2 ct scans say otherwise. I had to confirm this afternoon that he does not want life support and officially sign the DNR over the phone. He is not expected to make it through the night, but due to strict covid and ICU policies I am not allowed there until 8 am in the morning.
Oh Rebecca. What a lot to handle in a few days. I know there is nothing any of us can say or do, but we are all here for you.
:hugs :hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom