Horses also have only red and black, but with a ton of modifiers (bay, dun, cream, etc). Genetically there is no such thing as a “brown” horse, they are a shade of red or a diluted black.
Diluted ? …. :frow I’ve been told that I am convoluted! :D

Last edited:
Horses also have only red and black, but with a ton of modifiers (bay, dun, cream, etc). Genetically there is no such thing as a “brown” horse, they are a shade of red or a diluted black.
This is true! And like poultry can be piebald (spotted), or have greying!

I am just amazed by the variety of colours and feathers in chickens - amazing!

Saturday Caturday
Missy sleeping the day away - love how she just blends into the feather duvet!

IMG_20201029_193844.jpg

It worked!
In a hair raising feat both Math Majors pulled off emergency stops and didn't even crash into the door.
So at least that worry is gone and I know I can close the people door.
I think I am not going to try and redo the 'tent'/'ceiling' to stop them getting up to the rafters. At least for now.

It is forecast to get down to 3F (-16C) next week which is the coldest I have experienced since getting chickens, so I am very glad to be able to close the people door safely.

Bed time drama last night

Mum will need to start letting the chickies go to bed on their own as the daylight hrs increase and they start to stay up later.

Last night they were all hopping around the roosts and nest box tops. At one point Fluffy fell off the roost, but went and hopped back up onto the roosts.

Curly some how also made it to the ground. Next thing I know Curly is hopping up the steps, Fluffy is bopping down the steps and they ran into each other head first! and fell back down to the ground!! Of course I was at work and gasped, then laughed when I realized they were fine. But it brings to the forefront that I will need to do something with the roosts when I get home.

Anyways now, somehow, Curly is back up on the roost, I don't know where Fluffy and Henny are - likely on the ground floor nest boxes... ?

CHICKIES.JPG
CHICKIES2.JPG

It worked!
In a hair raising feat both Math Majors pulled off emergency stops and didn't even crash into the door.
So at least that worry is gone and I know I can close the people door.
I think I am not going to try and redo the 'tent'/'ceiling' to stop them getting up to the rafters. At least for now.

It is forecast to get down to 3F (-16C) next week which is the coldest I have experienced since getting chickens, so I am very glad to be able to close the people door safely.
Brrr that is chilly! It's -22C here (-1C back home!).

You have a Cozy Coop panel heater I think don't you? I imagine Bernie will cozy up to that, the other 2 should be find snuggling together up top.

It amazes me that chickens can fly so well at times!

Back
Top Bottom