Tonights roosting
Nest box 1, roosting bars 3
Maybe Peanut decided she wants a bit of snuggle time
Screenshot_20230130-184404.png

Tired!

No sooner did I get in to work, finished my meeting, and had to jump into the truck and drive to Peace River to drop off water samples.... figured while I was there I would pick up a few things at Walmart - have to keep the economy going!!

AND! I will have a surprise to post later on (oh I hope the photos came out ok :love )

Oh and there is a Cutest Couple contest on BYC - go to the home page to see how to post your photos of your lovey dovey pictures 💕

IMG_0977.JPG

It's a laurel tree and yes, an evergreen. It's a life savior shelter for my chickens, only the goshawk goes inside to get them out. It's a Mediterranean tree but can handle zone 8. Ours is a bit out of control 🤣.
View attachment 3390617
I'm getting more evergreens. I'm realizing one of the reasons why we have so many raptors attack in winter is that the land is so bare.

I think she looks just perfect.
But I wonder how she will react if Elie and Babs start to lay before she has.
Hmmm - I bet Bernie would be ok with that - if she is going to be Queen then she will be ok with it hahaha.

What is up with that roo!
I get mixed signals from my rooster buddy. Was he going to attack me or waiting for me to pick him up? Well there was no attack, so I picked him up, took him inside and let him fall asleep on my chest. (I think that’s what he wanted in the first place) it’s tough for a little guy like him to manage those seven ladies all day!
:old
(I can’t manage any)! :oops:

Back
Top Bottom