Yes, it was primarily about @knoturavggrl and her missing/presumed gone pullet :(

But I was also thinking about the pain and health frustrations of both @ValarieF and @TX Chick Noob and @featherhead007 's uncontrolled BP. So much heartache and health issues/pain going around. Even poor @RoyalChick having lost the last of her original crew on top of a very bad few months of lots of losses. :( And @BY Bob 's loss this fall of one of his new chicks, Glynda, after so many losses last year. And @Ponypoor , with the recent loss of her dear horse Sally, and her constant RLS that keeps her awake.

Sorry, I'm just sappy. I always get that way, silly me, when I have had to send the boys to freezer camp. So just ignore my ramblings...and let me send warm hugs to everyone, whether you feel you need them or not. :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs (who doesn't need a hug now and then??)
Oh dear - yes it's a hard thing to do - but they had an awesome life and it's what you have them for. It's like when I had those 3 Roos of mine - I wouldn't just give them away to anyone who might not ensure they were kept in a nice dry warm coop, or feed treats - I wouldn't want them all thrown in with strange Roos that would beat on them. I opted to ensure that they had an awesome life with me and then I made sure they went to freezer camp as humanely as I could. You need not apologize for being 'sappy' - it shows that you truly value your animals.

And I thank you for your thoughts - so I am sending you hugs also (hugs hugs hugs) 💕

You know what, Oreo may know where she is hiding. Have you thought about letting him out and following him?
No I sure didn’t think of that but I will do that first thing in the morning! He is a bit scary atm but once the kids are in school I will brave his wrath gladly if there is even the tiniest possibility of finding her its worth a try. Thank you.

Yes, it was primarily about @knoturavggrl and her missing/presumed gone pullet :(

But I was also thinking about the pain and health frustrations of both @ValarieF and @TX Chick Noob and @featherhead007 's uncontrolled BP. So much heartache and health issues/pain going around. Even poor @RoyalChick having lost the last of her original crew on top of a very bad few months of lots of losses. :( And @BY Bob 's loss this fall of one of his new chicks, Glynda, after so many losses last year. And @Ponypoor , with the recent loss of her dear horse Sally, and her constant RLS that keeps her awake.

Sorry, I'm just sappy. I always get that way, silly me, when I have had to send the boys to freezer camp. So just ignore my ramblings...and let me send warm hugs to everyone, whether you feel you need them or not. :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs (who doesn't need a hug now and then??)
Holy crap. This is Fluffy Butt Acres. I know we're supposed to talk about stories about our chickens but this is severe. I never knew it went this far. It's definitely okay to be sappy. I try not to be as well. I mean, look at me. I went on a 2 day hiatus and I can't stop posting messages. It's like I took a caffeine pill and I can't stop zooming around. I've also experienced death among my flock before. Sometimes, I wish I could just pull them back to the world but I can't. It's impossible. The worst part is, I don't even have a photo of Security Guard. Remember my tablet situation?
Being sappy, zoomin' and movin' tax.
IMG_1348.jpg

Certainly Grandma isn't zoomin' and movin'
IMG_1256.jpg

You forgot about my horse Chaco. :hit
I'm sorry :hugs :hugs I've most assuredly missed some others too. It is completely unintentional, and the hugs are for you all as well.:hugs:hugs

I still miss some of my special hens and Roos, even though they aren't quite the 'family' that they are to some of you all.

Holy crap. This is Fluffy Butt Acres. I know we're supposed to talk about stories about our chickens but this is severe. I never knew it went this far. It's definitely okay to be sappy. I try not to be as well. I mean, look at me. I went on a 2 day hiatus and I can't stop posting messages. It's like I took a caffeine pill and I can't stop zooming around. I've also experienced death among my flock before. Sometimes, I wish I could just pull them back to the world but I can't. It's impossible. The worst part is, I don't even have a photo of Security Guard. Remember my tablet situation?
Being sappy, zoomin' and movin' tax.
View attachment 3394082
Certainly Grandma isn't zoomin' and movin'
View attachment 3394081
I love that first photo - that's wonderful! And of course you know I love a barred rock.

❤️❤️❤️

Update: The temperature doubled what I thought would be.
View attachment 3393994View attachment 3393995
Also, the weather somewhat changed.
View attachment 3393998
I would love to have Fiji weather right now. Thunderstorms may not be my thing but take a look. 80 F all around. Fiji has been having thunderstorms nonstop the past 2 months. I mean it's hot below the equator as we speak. It's no surprise thunderstorms are happening there but then again, Fiji is a tropical country/island so maybe that is the case? I don't know.
View attachment 3394000
The only good thing is there will be longer daylight hours. Sun is setting around 5:30 and I'm enjoying it. Pretty soon, it will be sunset by 6 pm, then 7 and all the way to 9 or 8:30. Oh, joy!
Everyone else who hates summer::tongue
Anyways, since I've been living under a rock for 3 days (or was it 2), @bgmathteach mentioned something on her post about Alex and sadness

And another message I couldn't look for from I don't know but could someone put up a link on about this sadness thing? If this is @knoturavggrl and her missing chickens (or is it pullets?), I give her my biggest sympathy and hope they come back soon. You know what they say, what goes around, comes around.
Okay, this feels like a novel so let me get to the
Weather, Confused and Rambling Tax!
View attachment 3394050
Another awesome photo!

Up here in the summer the sun sets around midnight and then the sun rises around 4am... :)

At my home it's about 10pm when it gets dark, and the sun is up around 4:30am - love love love summer - everything about it - even the mosquitoes!

Chillaxing-at-6-weeks.jpg

At the risk of having to pay taxes......
How are you doing today, @Valenred and @TX Chick Noob ? I'm hoping Val has stabalized so not dizzy! and @TX Chick Noob is feeling okay with the pain meds after surgery to be hanging in there until the swelling goes down and it starts to heal/pain lessens naturally! :fl :fl

Worrisome Wendy Tax:

Some of my favorite chicken breeds....just because I've had them and they are self-sufficient, smart, and personable. 🥰🥰🥰

Barred Rock: Who doesn't love a beautifully striped lady full of life and very even tempered?
12 Heritage Meat Chicken Breeds - Homesteaders of America

Dark Cornish (note, they are hard/close feathered, so they look smaller/lighter than they really are! (and, they still have enough of their natural instincts, these are the breed that regularly go broody for me!)
View attachment 3393979

Buff Orpington: (They are very sweet and extra fluffy. Unfortunately, not the best fliers due to their heavy set bodies, so are extra worriesome regarding predators, but did I mention they are so sweet!
Buff Orpington Chickens: Buyer's Guide's Guide

Brahmas
I've only had light, because of cost of chicks of other color variations, but LOVE @rural mouse 's Dark Brahman, and have always drooled over the Buff Brahmas. Talk about Gentle Giants. They are one of the heaviest/largest breeds I have owned, but are always at or near the bottom of the pecking order. And have to love their fluffy feathered footsies! My first Rooster was a light brahma (Sir Lancelot) what a sweet boy! I've loved Roosters ever since.

View attachment 3393988

Last, but not least, are my Welsummers. I've had more than half of them be extremely bright/smart problem solvers - and they lay med. brown SPECKLED eggs. What's not to love? (I have one now that has a very large comb for a Welsummer. And, boy, is she smart...too smart for her britches if you ask me! I am beginning to suspect she is really part Brown leghorn based on what @BY Bob has said 'bout leghorn smarts!!!)
View attachment 3393992

So, I do like all of my chickens, but these breeds have stolen my heart ❤️❤️in one way or another. But I've had at least one hen of every breed I've owned steal my heart! That said, my mixed breeds really steal my heart - the variations in colors, seeing them be brooded and hatched by mom.....etc, etc, etc...
Im on new blood pressure meds and doing good no dizziness today ty for asking about me.

Another awesome photo!

Up here in the summer the sun sets around midnight and then the sun rises around 4am... :)

At my home it's about 10pm when it gets dark, and the sun is up around 4:30am - love love love summer - everything about it - even the mosquitoes!

View attachment 3394086
That white chicken down there is so cute! I want to give it a hug (stealing your catchphrase hugs, hugs, hugs). Also, in Utqiagvik, AK in the summer, the sun never sets. So right now as we speak, Utqiagvik is dark and even from 9am-12 pm, it is pitch dark.

Back
Top Bottom