Double silver laced Barnevelders are simply stunning. I would not mind having a pair of these in my flock.
View attachment 3398845
Holy crap-adoodle!

OK! I want one of them also :) Or maybe 3 or 4....

I don't think they have them, though....

Nope just checked only one variety....

Ok well something to look forward to along with the Hamburgs :)

Final Powder update:

We were able to put Powder to rest, I found her today under the bridge in the stream. I will never know precisely what caused her death but I am glad to know she isn't out there hurt, lost or scared.

I hesitated to post this because I don't wish to make anyone sad. However, everyone was so supportive in trying to help me figure out what might have happened to her I thought you would want to know even if it is sad.

Thank you everyone :hugs
View attachment 3398832
Oh no - so sad and so sorry to hear this. I swear having pets and kids you have to have nerves of steel - but we love them anyways.

I am sending hugs your way, if I ever hatch eggs from Buttercup (her twin here) I will name the pullet (for I am sure it would be a pullet), Powder 💕

Final Powder update:

We were able to put Powder to rest, I found her today under the bridge in the stream. I will never know precisely what caused her death but I am glad to know she isn't out there hurt, lost or scared.

I hesitated to post this because I don't wish to make anyone sad. However, everyone was so supportive in trying to help me figure out what might have happened to her I thought you would want to know even if it is sad.

Thank you everyone :hugs
View attachment 3398832
I am so heartbroken for you. Im glad shes not out there by herself and can be laid to rest. 🖤

ooh, I like Grackle, it is different. So that would have 4 of the 5 named. Ducky, Athena, Perdita and Grackle. That just leaves Squirrels mini me. Mom was no help, asked for her suggestion, Squirrely. Umm...nope don't think so.
Babies of a squirrel are called kits or kittens. Maybe Kit?

I need to join in the Rodent Wars… sigh
Weird Earthstar Fungi and Tailess TaxView attachment 3397998View attachment 3397997
There was fresh rat poop in the run the chicken morning and I had to leave for work early (in the dark.) At lunch I picked up an additional small metal trash can for putting the little coop cup feeders in at night and some more traps. Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom