Happy Monday
20230321_143545.jpg
20230321_143633.jpg
20230321_131307.jpg
20230321_130852.jpg

Snow arrived overnight. Horus went after Cheetah as I was entering the coop so when I was done with feed and water, I packed Horus up to the other side of the garage. Let him have a cold walk back to the coop. If it cools his jets a bit, the other hormonal idiots will get similar if opportunities arise.
Brrrrr! Silly monsters !!! Hope they outgrow that soon.

Pokes both of my cochin girls, they are plotting something. For over a week now, they have not ate a single egg. They have had plenty of chances, I have not been able to be out there several times to grab the eggs as soon as they are laid. Trust me I am not complaining, but I have to wonder, are they thinking of going broody. One of the girls is spending more and more time in the box she likes to lay in even after the egg is laid. I could be tempted to test them out if they do go broody and give them a few eggs. I wonder if the desire to hatch chicks would override the desire to eat the eggs. It really sucks that they are egg eaters because they are so big and fluffy and really I could stuff a dozen or more under each of them easily.
Well guess the only way to see would be to test them, give them half a dozen each and see if they hatch them out.

And @Ponypoor silkies only count for half a chicken in chicken math...
I’ll be sure to tell my mum that 😆

On my weekly schedule, tuesdays are “two for Tuesdays” what does that mean that I post?
two of your chooks 🥰

I once posted two eggs hahaha

Two silkies
image.jpg

Oooooo she is lovely!

Back
Top Bottom