I’m in!! This will be my first attempt at .....incubator ordered and set to arrive today.....it’s the mini 9-12 egg, candler should arrive sunday and assorted eggs from meyer hatchery arrival will be down to the wire with arrival on 10th or 11th so will be setting last minute following 24 hr rest. even though i may end up a couple days behind I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to learn from you guys to achieve successful hatches! i’m soooooo eggsighted!

Mind if I join in? I've been trying to hatch out some Bielefelders but i've had no luck so far :idunno :th Set 15 under my broody hen and only 1 had started to develop.. The egg did hatch just a few days ago but I was hoping for a couple more to hatch for breeding. So I bought 10 eggs(bielefelder) from a more reliable breeder and they should get here around the 9th :woot Might also get some ayam cemanis too but the eggs shouldn't get here until the 16th

59BFA8CA-3875-4773-9B84-86B644A4E966.jpeg This is my sons first try at painting chickens but mom is absolutely in love with it already!!!

I’m officially in! :wee

7 cream legbar eggs given to my broody bantam cochin this morning.

This will be a test hatch of those eggs, since my girls just started laying a month or so ago. :fl
I also need to move the broody to her own broody unit, but didn’t want to do it with room temperature eggs, so once she settles in on them, I’ll move her. Her momma keeps trying to lay in the same nest with her, and I found a broken egg the other day. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen.

I’ve also offered eggs for a contest prize, so if these CL eggs do well, some more of them could be part of the winnings!

So I candled yesterday in the morning for any signs of internal pips.. Nothing. Some signs of movement but that was all.. Well Today I woke up to something chirping in the incubator and saw this~!

IMG_4265.JPG
IMG_4263.JPG
IMG_4261.JPG

3 bielefelders have hatched~! Looks like 2 pullets and a cockerel so far.. The other 2 are rocking around so fingers crossed all 5 hatch out~

Hi Everyone! :frow
It's been a crazy last 24 hours here at the farm but I'm finally adding the details.
I just added the set dates to the the opening box.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/halloween-hatch-a-long-2018.1274914/
:hugsThank you to all whom helped me work out the set dates. Chickens were my only knowledge at the time.
Slowly but surely today, I will be adding 411 to that box. instead of spreading the details in a bunch of new posts, so new comers don't need to read tons of spread out posts to get the whole picture.
Hopefully the FIRST Contest will be posted this eve. Prize availability will govern the announcement of said Contest(s).

:oldTo all whom are unable to set eggs-
YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO! Stick around for the fun. Get ready to make new friends. Get ready to learn from BYCer's "TIP & TRICKS & of course, & what to do & not to do, the next time you set your eggs.

:oldTo all whom ARE SETTING EGGS, please state in your post-
  1. How Many
  2. What Kind
  3. Set Date
  4. Type of Incubator (Optional)
  5. "Broody Hen"
All of that Data will be compiled on a Master List. And may be incorporated in a possible contest.
Also, HAL's have a ton of knowledgeable & experienced people to assist your almost every need. ASK QUESTIONS! Your questions will help educate others!
View attachment 1549543HATCH-A-LONGS are "Photo Friendly" Threads! EVERY PICTURE TELLS A STORY! Don't be afraid to "Show & Tell". Especially candling photography!

:frowAlright, gotta go! I've got to multi-task right now.
Thank you to all whom volunteered a helping hand!
Remember to keep checking the Start of the thread for additions.
-connie

:clap Thanks so much for doing the legwork on getting it set up this year,

Back
Top Bottom