NOOOoo * YESSSss ~ Horse that wasn't bred foaled!!

Since you have been riding her up until foaling you can keep riding her. Give her a week to recoop and get to know her new addition, then start her back slowly. Obviously the foal needs to be kept safe and with someone or just along side.
I used to ride a Haflinger that had foaled. You can work for 1/2 hour to 45 mins. then go back to the foal. We even went to shows, but you need to have someone with the foal.
Wean at 4 months and you are all set.
No reason to lose the whole season.
Congrats on your surprise new addition!

Quote:
Honeys Surprise Kid is so perfect, and it flows from your lips, also, and it would be a conversation starter
wink.png
!

LOL Yep, mom went out hunting for daddy. She always does when she 'busts out'. He is a couple miles down the road from us and when she gets out she goest straight to his pasture. He always runs straight to her and they nuzzle. They are in love, lol. I have been trying to call up our neighbors to let them know about the new surprise but they won't pick up!
roll.png

My husband loves her! Yay! He was calling her HIS horse yesterday...and my husband is not a horse person. He even fixed the new baby up a soft spot to sleep on. He tries to like them and the shows for me but I know how he really feels.....they are a big fat bill! LOL Which is true but they bring me lots of peace and happiness so it is worth it to him I hope. Horses are very theraputic for me.

I just still can't believe Gypsy was pregnant and I had absolutly no clue! As many times as I have watched a pregnant mare for signs of being pregnant and I work this mare every single day for no less than an hour and I had no clue! That is just crazy. I really was shocked and my mind was blown. We are all so excited though over the baby. She runs after my 4 yr. old daughter and likes to nudge on her. We are all in love with her
big_smile.png

If I didn't leave my camera at my grandmothers yesterday afternoon then I am going to do a picture overload sometime today..LOL

Quote:
Palomino x palomino has the following possibilities

25% chestnut/sorrel
50% Palomino
25% Cremello

Palomino IS chestnut with a dilute gene.
Cremello is chestnut with TWO dilute genes.

No lethal gene for P x P cross

Pretty baby!! Enjoy.

Yes there are lethals. FarmGirl01 is correct you often get a lethal breeding two palominos but the foal dies before birth.

Quote:
Palomino x palomino has the following possibilities

25% chestnut/sorrel
50% Palomino
25% Cremello

Palomino IS chestnut with a dilute gene.
Cremello is chestnut with TWO dilute genes.

No lethal gene for P x P cross

Pretty baby!! Enjoy.

I love to be educated. Thanks. Its really a cool story.

Back
Top Bottom