Well ya'll not such a good morning, my poop bomber Marlene died during the night.
I found her in the typical position pointing up under the roost.
She was having a pretty awful day yesterday, summer never treated her well ever and she only laid twice this whole season.
So Susan is my last original left.
Really glad I set eggs now.
On top of that iv'e lost my key, it was on me obviously but somewhere in the mix it fell off or I sat it down and forgot where.
Iv'e got five more but jeeze losing a key set up not to get lost is a real accomplishment.
What gets me is something told me about the bird before I popped the lock but it wont tell me where my dang key went. :(

Well ya'll not such a good morning, my poop bomber Marlene died during the night.
She was having a pretty awful day yesterday, summer never treated her well ever and she only laid twice this whole season.
On top of that iv'e lost my key, it was on me obviously but somewhere in the mix it fell off or I sat it down and forgot where.
Iv'e got five more but jeeze losing a key set up not to get lost is a real accomplishment.
What gets me is something told me about the bird before I popped the lock but it wont tell me where my dang key went. :(
I'm sorry Chicky. It has been a crap year. I've lost count of how many birds I've lost. Most young grow outs. I'm keeping an eye on one of my girls too. I keep expecting to find her gone. I'm over 2020.

Good morning folks :frow

Good morning Bob. You are up EARLYYY! I
I am super glad sue is doing well.

:frow
How's Sue?

Good morning Mo.

Dang Chicky. I am sorry you lost her. :hugs

I'm sorry Chicky. It has been a crap year. I've lost count of how many birds I've lost. Most young grow outs. I'm keeping an eye on one of my girls too. I keep expecting to find her gone. I'm over 2020.

Morning Nunny. It certainly has been a rough year so far. :(

Aww so sorry for your losses
How old was she?

It is o.k ya'll, we got her buried which was fun big hole and hard ground don't mix.
I am going to miss her big white butt for sure.
New life soothes the passing of old here though, always has.
Happier news, found my key nearly at the woods edge so im thinking crows snagged it, they do watch me pretty hard and today is the first candleing for the six in the incubator.:)

She was nearly five, she only had one functional nostril so breathing in hot weather was really hard, she was also a really heavy girl.
Morbid curiosity had me weigh her, 10lbs 3oz
Aww so sorry for your losses
How old was she?

Last edited:
It is o.k ya'll, we got her buried which was fun big hole and hard ground don't mix.
I am going to miss her big white butt for sure.
New life soothes the passing of old here though, always has.
Happier news, found my key nearly at the woods edge so im thinking crows snagged it, they do watch me pretty hard and today is the first candleing for the six in the incubator.:)

She waa nearly five, she only had one functional nostril so breathing in hot weather was really hard, she was also a really heavy girl.
Morbid curiosity had me weigh her, 10lbs 3oz
Glad the crows didn't take the keys to a nest.... I find colorful things in the yard I think the blue jays drop

Back
Top Bottom