Good morning everybody :frow

Hear talk of a nasty storm coming our way. 🤞we get just enough for a couple days off🤞
Mo, are you expecting anything?
Morning all
Tonight Rain turning to snow into tomorrow, briefly stopping and another coming in ending Thursday morning. Somewhere around a ft total.

Good morning everyone :frow Have a wonderful day and stay warm and safe.

Hear talk of a nasty storm coming our way. 🤞we get just enough for a couple days off🤞
Good morning Fishy 😊 stay safe
Morning all
Tonight Rain turning to snow into tomorrow, briefly stopping and another coming in ending Thursday morning. Somewhere around a ft total.
Good morning Mo 😊 stay safe

Good morning folks :frow

:frow Good morning Fishy, have a great day and stay warm and safe
Morning all
:frow Good morning Mo, have a great day and stay warm and safe

I've had a rat problem in my coop lately. I put out rat baits (not where the chickens can get to them). In the meantime, Dh bought a trident looking thing (like a frog gig), to stab them, when they come out of the tunnels when he floods them. Like with a fish hook, the end points have that protrusion, to keep things from falling off the tips. The first thing I said was he needed to use the Dremmel, or a grinder to remove the protrusions, or it would be getting caught on things like the fencing on the coop, and he wouldn't be able to get it loose easily.

Did he file the protrusions? Nope. Yes, he got it caught a few times on the coop wire, and yes he had to work at it to get it loose. Fast forward a few days. My rat patrol went to the feed store. While there, they bought 2 small live traps. I mentioned they should put chicken feed in it as bait, since that's what the rats are used to. Nope, they put some leftover Subway sandwich in it. Sooooo, the first night, they caught a squirrel, a bird, another squirrel, but NO rats.

Last night, they used chicken feed. Lo, and behold there was a rat in one of the live traps this morning. The rat patrol sprang into action with their well thought out plan. They brought the trap up to the front of the house, by the garage. Dh would dump the rat into a big tote, and grandson would stab it with the trident. Oops, where's the big tote? Found the tote, emptied the rat into it, grandson stabbed, got it, but didn't kill it. It squealed, but shortly stopped squealing, so grandson thought it was dead. He lifted the rat, on the trident, up out of the tote and when he did it jumped off running into the garage.

Dh grabbed the trident, and ran into the garage in hot pursuit of the rat. He found it right next to a shelving rack, and stabbed at it. The trident caught on the shelving rack, and the rat ran to the other side of the garage. Nope, that trident was not coming loose easily. In the meantime, the rat is running around on the other side of the garage. Dh is freaking out, since there is now a rat running loose in the garage, and he can't think of anything to do, but look helpless, and try to get his trident loose.

At this point, I had to run into the house, because I was laughing so hard, and it was making him mad. Yes, he finally got his trident loose, chased the rat, and it ran out of the garage around the side of the house. I walked out after I quit laughing, and found him filing down the protrusions on his trident.

Back
Top Bottom