Finally have enough coffee in me to be at least partially functional.

Lots to do (I doubt that as a good thing).

I have 2+ extra wheelbarrow loads of sand.....I think I will put it in the greenhouse. I need to do something with it before it rains and makes it heavier.
:th

I am setting up a drop system for the pond box and have plants to plant in it. :wee

Then into the rocks and filter system. It is coming along well.

Pics to follow of course.

OH I decided to try to move my giant rose bush but that will be in the fall. :p
No deck this year.
That is going to be so cool!

Wow, you're making some serious headway. Can I have some of your persistence & dry weather? How do you deal w/ the mosquitoes or will the running water be enough to keep them from reproducing?

Between a biofilter, moving water and those tiny minnow fish I am hoping I have it all covered. I would like to avoid extra chemicals if I can.

That is going to be so cool!

I hope so. I am planting a bright pink penstemon, salvia in blue and pink, cone flower, small gladiolas, and a blooming little pink thing. I hope for winged visitors like bees, butterflies and Dragon flies. If I am really lucky I may get a hummingbird or hummingbird moth. :p

Best of luck to you and your fingers.

With that one meanie I need all the luck I can get.
She nailed my damaged thumb and it hurt like tater for an hour.

(I lost a chunk of it to industrial equipment a couple years ago. The nerves are very close to the skin now.)

I have what's probably a stupid question...
What's up w/ William's feathers? His chest his patchy and you can see in the first pick that he's got a bald neck. In the lower pictures, esp the bottom one you can see that his wings are very rough looking. He did a full molt last fall. He turned 2 in Feb.. I've checked him and several others for mites and whatnot... he dusts, but not as frequently as the hens. Is this normal wear and tear? My hens that molted last fall look amazing still & the few that have been in a perpetual molt for the past few months look terrible, but even their feathers aren't this damaged. I was thinking about giving him a puff of poultry dust to see if that helps, but haven't b/c I cannot find the container.
0611192019f.jpg
0611192019b.jpg
0611192019a.jpg

They're super cute! How long til the babies are big enough to go outside?
6-8 wks with no mama
I think I will sell these. I have been playing with them and don't want to process them. I have 31 poults and 3 more under a hen that is on her 2 nd nest. I need to get rid of some.

Between a biofilter, moving water and those tiny minnow fish I am hoping I have it all covered. I would like to avoid extra chemicals if I can.

I hope so. I am planting a bright pink penstemon, salvia in blue and pink, cone flower, small gladiolas, and a blooming little pink thing. I hope for winged visitors like bees, butterflies and Dragon flies. If I am really lucky I may get a hummingbird or hummingbird moth. :p

With that one meanie I need all the luck I can get.
She nailed my damaged thumb and it hurt like tater for an hour.

(I lost a chunk of it to industrial equipment a couple years ago. The nerves are very close to the skin now.)
IDK why I didn't realize the pic of the fish you posted the other day weren't fish tank fish... Duh.
I think they know exactly where to bite for maximum pain. They remind me of when kids do those tiny pinches that hurt a millions times more than a regular pinch.

I have what's probably a stupid question...
What's up w/ William's feathers? His chest his patchy and you can see in the first pick that he's got a bald neck. In the lower pictures, esp the bottom one you can see that his wings are very rough looking. He did a full molt last fall. He turned 2 in Feb.. I've checked him and several others for mites and whatnot... he dusts, but not as frequently as the hens. Is this normal wear and tear? My hens that molted last fall look amazing still & the few that have been in a perpetual molt for the past few months look terrible, but even their feathers aren't this damaged. I was thinking about giving him a puff of poultry dust to see if that helps, but haven't b/c I cannot find the container. View attachment 1812724 View attachment 1812725 View attachment 1812727

I am not sure WTH is going on but........
It is mice season here. I have seen mice (years past) actually chewing feathers off my sleeping birds.........they were taking neck and back feathers not wing.
:hmm I wonder if there is a sneaky mouse stealing his glory.

IDK why I didn't realize the pic of the fish you posted the other day weren't fish tank fish... Duh.
I think they know exactly where to bite for maximum pain. They remind me of when kids do those tiny pinches that hurt a millions times more than a regular pinch.

They are kind of aquarium fish. :p
They will overwinter in an aquarium inside and hopefully do their job in the pond in summer. They are kind of pretty little fish.

Back
Top Bottom