Lucky girls! Also zucchini must have some sort of camouflage magic. I am convinced of it.

Seriously that thing could have had a sail put on it and gone across the ocean!
Crazy giant zucchini used to get stuffed with spicy Spanish rice or made into zucchini brownies around here. :hmm
Off the menu for the humans but a giant score for the birds. :lau

20190814_135125_wm.jpg
20190814_135141_wm.jpg

New ducks. Golden 300 layer and white Crested.

Hold her under one arm and with that same hand get one finger in her mouth. She will struggle and clamp down on your finger but once she settles you can slip another finger in her mouth then open her beak.
I oddly find it easier to do with my non dominant hand. That way too if I do need to wipe in their mouth or administer something I can use my dominant hand to do it..

eta: rereading that it sounds dirty.

Last edited:
Still no idea, nothing inside her mouth. Maybe she got stung or bitten, it has gotten slightly bigger not huge but it is behaving like a bite or sting.:hmm

I tricked her, took out the tough top half of a bagel, she clamped on and I grabbed the pen light.
She's like a pitbull with bread so I had tons of time.
Marlene absolutely sucks to handle, she's huge and bites.
I do that towel burrito thing if I have to and she's still like a snapping turtle.:D
Hold her under one arm and with that same hand get one finger in her mouth. She will struggle and clamp down on your finger but once she settles you can slip another finger in her mouth then open her beak.
I oddly find it easier to do with my non dominant hand. That way too if I do need to wipe in their mouth or administer something I can use my dominant hand to do it..

eta: rereading that it sounds dirty.

Still no idea, nothing inside her mouth. Maybe she got stung or bitten, it has gotten slightly bigger not huge but it is behaving like a bite or sting.:hmm

I tricked her, took out the tough top half of a bagel, she clamped on and I grabbed the pen light.
She's like a pitbull with bread so I had tons of time.
Marlene absolutely sucks to handle, she's huge and bites.
I do that towel burrito thing if I have to and she's still like a snapping turtle.:D

Do you have to use a beach towel for her bountiful self?
:oops:

Back
Top Bottom