Good morning everyone. :frow

We are all hanging in there here. So far so good.

Forecast is for smoky conditions today. Next week they show rain. I am not sure how to feel about that yet.

I hope everyone gets to have a great day.
@apryl29 With the Ehlers-Danlos, things like knee and ankle sports help. The sleeve ones should be fine. There are different kinds of EDS, with familial being the most benign. We've found that dislocations and strains are pretty much a given. For surgeries, skin glue works well, stitches just pull apart with DD#3 and leaves a bigger scar. Does she have any comorbid conditions? I found that all 4 DDs, and myself have the familial EDS to some degree. DD#3 has other issues, including Dysautonomia, which make life more difficult. That's why she has her medical alert service dog, Trixie, and why I'm training Peach to work for her with mobility assistance tasks.

I hope the testing gives the answers you're looking for. :hugs
Thanks. I'm mostly concerned about heart issues right now. If we know what the problems is we can make sure we take precautions. How old were they when diagnosed? The older one has scoliosis, but very mild. She also has a form of pigeon chest, but only on one side. The bruising is both, but could just be dance. The younger one has syncope, but her ekg was fine a few years ago. The older one has hyper extended elbows. She said her shoulder slips out from time to time too. I may have to message you once we know more. It was interesting to see there was different levels of it.

Good morning everyone. :frow

Have the best day possible.

ERMAGERD! Hip replacement is an in and out thing now?? :th

:hugsIt certainly has been a rough week. :hugs
Yes! Idk if it's bc of covid or how it normally is, but Tuesday morning he had it done and was home wed night! The home pt guy said today he won't need a babysitter after the weekend too!

They do surgery, then turf you out without pain pills these days.
Pretty much. But the nurses werent too helpful. They rarely checked on him at all
He was out of surgery for 2 hours before I finally asked and they said he was out at 11:30. Then said they had just called them that he was out. Said they'd take me up to his room & more than an hour waiting they finally took me. And the dr never came to talk to me or called. Maybe I'm used to children's hospitals where people talk to you and check on patients.

It is a surreal day here.

Long story super short....
Hubs boss's 50(ish) year old son passed away last night. He had emergency open heart surgery about a week and a half ago. Enlarged/balloned aorta I think. They gave him a 20% chance of making it out of surgery. He collapsed at home yesterday.
My heart breaks for his kids.

Hug those who are dear and forgive those who are cross.
That's so sad! I'm sure his family thought he was in the clear too.

I hate it when I know that I know this person--but not a name or where I know them from
This happens to me too. I know I know them. But not from where. Once it was a lady who lived in my apt complex at her job at a grocery store. It's like if they're not where they belong I dont recognize them.

Good morning Rae :frow That's awesome that you got to relax for a bit 😊 sounds like your plate very full 🤗🤗
Hope DH gets something that's not the crappy route
Have a great day !!

Good morning Henny :frow thank you 😊 things like that are happening a lot right now and I really don't like it 😞
Have a great day 😊

Good morning Mo :frowhave a great day!!
Hugs

Hello everyone. Hope you all are having a good day. It's been raining here. I just got everyone fed and taken care of before I have to head to work.

Good afternoon Daniel :frow have a great day

Thanks. I'm mostly concerned about heart issues right now. If we know what the problems is we can make sure we take precautions. How old were they when diagnosed? The older one has scoliosis, but very mild. She also has a form of pigeon chest, but only on one side. The bruising is both, but could just be dance. The younger one has syncope, but her ekg was fine a few years ago. The older one has hyper extended elbows. She said her shoulder slips out from time to time too. I may have to message you once we know more. It was interesting to see there was different levels of it.

Yes! Idk if it's bc of covid or how it normally is, but Tuesday morning he had it done and was home wed night! The home pt guy said today he won't need a babysitter after the weekend too!

Pretty much. But the nurses werent too helpful. They rarely checked on him at all
He was out of surgery for 2 hours before I finally asked and they said he was out at 11:30. Then said they had just called them that he was out. Said they'd take me up to his room & more than an hour waiting they finally took me. And the dr never came to talk to me or called. Maybe I'm used to children's hospitals where people talk to you and check on patients.

That's so sad! I'm sure his family thought he was in the clear too.

This happens to me too. I know I know them. But not from where. Once it was a lady who lived in my apt complex at her job at a grocery store. It's like if they're not where they belong I dont recognize them.

Good afternoon apryl :frow have a great day

Good afternoon Cappy :frow have a great day 🤗🤗

I swear these past few days were trying to kill me.
Didn't work, im a finely tuned machine when it comes to handling freak occurrences, 40 plus years of practice.
Day before yesterday Homer almost suffocated sleeping in the bottom of the derp pile.
I had to shake her and rub the crap out of her but she recovered 100% for her.
Yesterday a coopers hawk got a chunk of Renee's butt feathers, Prince had to be removed from the area before the neighbors saw him be a veeery bad boy.
Everyone is fine, from Nay Nay to the booty snatchin hawk.
Im in need of a straight jacket and a stiff drink.:)

Sorry to be gone so much. I feel like I don't know what anyone is upto now. I withdrawal when I'm not feeling well.
But I'm getting better so hopefully will be here more. :)
No biggie. I know the feeling. I’m surprised I’m keeping up with this at all. I’ve never done social media, ever. I never even thought of this as social media, but these types of threads I guess qualify.
Keep getting better! It’s always good to hear from you.
I hate it when I know that I know this person--but not a name or where I know them from
I tend to confuse names. I know the face, but call them the wrong name. It’s the worst when I do it with their kid’s name.
More hugs for Nancy, Rae, and Daniel, plus an extra for anyone that wants it :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

Had a few animal adventures this week. I did succeed in breaking the broody pullet although at some point she managed to escape the breaker cage and I have no idea how. DH and I had to “rescue” one of our new coral plants after our pistol shrimp stole it and attempted to repurpose it as building material. And this evening while we were out of the house, our bearded dragon got out of her tank and went on an adventure. She is fine, but I am sure ready for the weekend!!!
Lol! Sounds like my house, except for the lizard and saltwater tank. I SO want a saltwater tank! :drool I hear you need special glass for those shrimp. What kind of tank do you have?

Sorry to be gone so much. I feel like I don't know what anyone is upto now. I withdrawal when I'm not feeling well.
But I'm getting better so hopefully will be here more. :)
No biggie. I know the feeling. I’m surprised I’m keeping up with this at all. I’ve never done social media, ever. I never even thought of this as social media, but these types of threads I guess qualify.
Keep getting better! It’s always good to hear from you.
I tend to confuse names. I know the face, but call them the wrong name. It’s the worst when I do it with their kid’s name.
More hugs for Nancy, Rae, and Daniel, plus an extra for anyone that wants it :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

Had a few animal adventures this week. I did succeed in breaking the broody pullet although at some point she managed to escape the breaker cage and I have no idea how. DH and I had to “rescue” one of our new coral plants after our pistol shrimp stole it and attempted to repurpose it as building material. And this evening while we were out of the house, our bearded dragon got out of her tank and went on an adventure. She is fine, but I am sure ready for the weekend!!!
Lol! Sounds like my house, except for the lizard and saltwater tank. I SO want a saltwater tank! :drool I hear you need special glass for those shrimp. What kind of tank do you have?

I swear these past few days were trying to kill me.
Didn't work, im a finely tuned machine when it comes to handling freak occurrences, 40 plus years of practice.
Day before yesterday Homer almost suffocated sleeping in the bottom of the derp pile.
I had to shake her and rub the crap out of her but she recovered 100% for her.
Yesterday a coopers hawk got a chunk of Renee's butt feathers, Prince had to be removed from the area before the neighbors saw him be a veeery bad boy.
Everyone is fine, from Nay Nay to the booty snatchin hawk.
Im in need of a straight jacket and a stiff drink.:)
I laugh because, honestly, the world could end and you would somehow manage to make it sound funny. Ever thought of doing stand up? Lol!

:hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs Nancy, from a young man to you... :D:hugs:hugs
Rae just for you as well :hugs:hugsWork has been grueling lately ever since we found out DCAA was coming for an audit. Told the boss in feb what we needed to do to prepare and it wasn't important. When they got the notice she panicked.
I quoted this so I could use 🤦🏻‍♀️. It needs to be a response you can pick from.

:hugs:hugs:hugs for any who need them.

I've had a trying bird week myself. I lost Yicky who was to be renamed Diana. Wonder Woman's true name. Poor thing just couldn't take the injuries anymore.
Then I lost a Marans growout. It acted like it was cold one morning. It was gone the next. Found this in its gizzard. 20200924_155405.jpg 20200924_155330.jpg
Very sandy feeling but hard. I cut it open but really it didn't tell me anything.
Lost an OE too. It was having crop trouble for 2 days then just died. Opened it up to find it had testies and eggs. And lots of worms. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Found a showgirl growout this morning. It wasn't acting sick at all.

Despite the 2020 curse I'm picking up some sebrights on Saturday. A lady needs to rehome them and I'm worried about only having 2 seramas. At least with 6 little tiny birds they stand a better chance of integrating to the big coop or having a coop of their own.

My darn bathroom sink gave me problems yesterday. Its always been a little slow if you run the water at full blast. Drain couldn't keep up but would always drain once the water was turned off. Yesterday it wasn't going anywhere. Tried to snake it and got nothing. Water still there. So I plunged it and black chunks came up. I figured due to me rattling the snake down the drain. Then I noticed one of the black chunks was trying to escape! Nope Nope Nope! 20200923_165513.jpg
Thats under magnification. Maybe a house centipede larva? Still a Nope! Got the sink sorted out later. No idea what its problem was.

Back
Top Bottom