Sweet and yellow onions are out of the dehydrator and into their respective conditioning containers. The yellow onions were mild cutting and mild coming out of the machine. The candy onions, OMG, I thought my eyes and nose would never stop running and burning!
But out of the machine - WONDERFUL! They taste like those little french fried onions people put on casseroles.

The tomato seeds are out of the fermentation jars and have dried. I'll now bag them up for next year. Some are getting mailed off to share.

I still need to get replacements for those moldy Romas. :sick

Got a little work to do....

Attachments

• PXL_20210925_223044343.jpg
    PXL_20210925_223044343.jpg
    469.2 KB · Views: 2
Harvested 4 pounds of tomatoes from the basement ripening boxes. Pretty much cleared out one box. There's two more cases to go.
Am simmering those and 10 pounds of replacement Romas and preserving up some tomato basil soup.

(Since I'm stuck inside watching these tomatoes simmer, I made souffle pancakes for second breakfast. OMG SO GOOD.)

Last edited:
I dehydrated 3 kinds of apples from my orchard today; Sweet Sixteen, Pixie Crunch, and Golden Delicious. I wanted to see which ones tasted the best.
Guess what? They all taste like apples. :lau So I guess I don't have to be picky which ones to dehydrate.
Carry on... ;)🍏🍎🍏

I also have a mini Goldrush apple tree.
For the best pollination my Sweet Sixteen needs Golden Delicious, my Goldrush needs Pixie Crunch, my Pixie Crunch needs Golden Delicious, Golden Delicious needs either my Goldrush or my Sweet Sixteen. And that's why I picked the apples I have.
I like all of the apples so it works out, the Pixie Crunch are super sweet.
I usually mix all the apples together (except Goldrush they aren't ready until later) in apple pie filling, apples cut up for cider, or applesauce. We fresh eat as many as we possibly can.

Back
Top Bottom