Pics
I hope it works! I don't dare to set the rest of the eggs that you didn't take. I don't really need 17 more boys :) Time for scrambled eggs!

LOL!! Yes, you should definetly eat them and not hatch them!!

Thank you for letting me meet all of your beautiful chickens, ducks, dogs and goats! I'm still thinking about those tiny little bantams!!! The rooster and that sweet little hen stole my heart!!

Thank you again for letting me invade your space to measure the eggs!!!

LOL!! Yes, you should definetly eat them and not hatch them!!

Thank you for letting me meet all of your beautiful chickens, ducks, dogs and goats! I'm still thinking about those tiny little bantams!!! The rooster and that sweet little hen stole my heart!!

Thank you again for letting me invade your space to measure the eggs!!!
It was nice to meet you and your husband!

Boy- note the rubberband
IMG_3291.JPG
Ok,
I have some more pics.
I am fairly certain that my predictions were correct on most chicks.
There are a few that I was wrong about, however if I had followed Cabinhollownc advice and separated it out that way, I think I would have been more accurate.
In the pics if you see a rubberband on the leg, then it came from the male hatcher. If you can't see a rubberband, but the chick has a green tint to it, it also came from the male hatcher, and probably has feathered feet hiding the rubberband.
IMG_3291.JPG

Still can't be certain on this Cochin. It does have a rubberband around its foot, so it came from the male hatcher
IMG_3295.JPG
IMG_3296.JPG
IMG_3295.JPG
IMG_3299.JPG
IMG_3307.JPG
IMG_3309.JPG
IMG_3305.JPG
IMG_3299.JPG

No clue when it comes to polish!!!

IMG_3312.JPG

I was wrong on this one!!! I had it in the male hatcher, however I do believe we have a pullet.
IMG_3314.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3300.JPG
    IMG_3300.JPG
    444.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3310.JPG
    IMG_3310.JPG
    492.8 KB · Views: 0
I will post the rest later. I still have to take the pics. It's so hard to find good help around here!!

I don't have a clue when it comes to polish either...sorry! Maybe you could post them on one of the polish threads and ask the folks that breed them? Can we look at the rest of the breeds and instead of pictures can you list how many of each sex you have? I love seeing your pictures but I can't sort or keep the numbers straight in my head that way...LOL.

I listed the numbers I predicted for your eggs below, can you compare them to what you think you have? Can you also list which breed the two chicks that hatched but didn't make it were, and any eggs that didn't hatch?

My Predictions:
You had one egg listed as "Brown", maybe that is the mystery chick? I'm guessing it was the only one of it's kind and it's number was 76.6997, so my guess without having any other eggs to compare it to is that it would be a pullet.

Polish:
Females:4
Males:4
Didn't hatch?:

LF's:
Didn't hatch?:

CM's:
Females:1
Males:1
Didn't hatch?:

OE's:
Females:7
Males:5
Didn't hatch?:

CL's:
We already know you have the following and the predictions were correct!:
Females:2
Didn't hatch: 1

Yes, of course. Sorry, I should have done this a while ago.
Your right, that would be much more organized and easier for you all.
After reading your post, I realized your right, all my pictures don't make any sense without some data behind it.
After having 3 kids, I feel like I have ADD, I can't seem to focus on tasks as well as I could before!!

I do not have the info in front of me, but I can tell you:
CM
F-DIS
M- euthanized after one week(chick is what I refered to as Stevie Wonder) born blind and unable to walk

The LF was the one who died in the brooder.
The polish was the one who hatched with external intestines and culled shortly after.

I will be more precise and detailed with my findings later tonight.
I want to post the polish pics in that thread and see what they have to say.

By the way, good luck on the hatching of those eggs!!
I am crossing my fingers you have all pullets!!

Yes, of course. Sorry, I should have done this a while ago.
Your right, that would be much more organized and easier for you all.
After reading your post, I realized your right, all my pictures don't make any sense without some data behind it.
After having 3 kids, I feel like I have ADD, I can't seem to focus on tasks as well as I could before!!

I do not have the info in front of me, but I can tell you:
CM
F-DIS
M- euthanized after one week(chick is what I refered to as Stevie Wonder) born blind and unable to walk

The LF was the one who died in the brooder.
The polish was the one who hatched with external intestines and culled shortly after.

I will be more precise and detailed with my findings later tonight.
I want to post the polish pics in that thread and see what they have to say.

By the way, good luck on the hatching of those eggs!!
I am crossing my fingers you have all pullets!!

I don't think you have ADD...you just have a lot more to do and are pulled in more directions than before you had your kids! It's all good! I didn't mean to come across as telling you what to do or being critical of your process, if I did I apologize!! I just get focused on a project and my Type A brain wants to understand and sort everything out. Its great for my profession, but my husband tells me that in real life, I can be a little intense when working on things as I need it to be as perfect as I can make it. After 23 years of marriage he has learned that I'm not being critical of what was done, but stating out loud what my brain sees as the solution to the problem. So, please forgive me if I offended you!

Oh...and what is your first name? I'm Tina...referring to people as their screen name/profile name seems impersonal as we are lab partners in this experiment ;)

Thanks for wishing me luck!!! It's going to be a VERY LONG 21 days! I'm already checking the temperature and humidity many times a day! LOL...did I mention I'm Type A?:lau:idunno:barnie

I've updated the numbers below to reflect the chicks that didn't make it:
My Predictions:

You had one egg listed as "Brown", maybe that is the mystery chick? I'm guessing it was the only one of it's kind and it's number was 76.6997, so my guess without having any other eggs to compare it to is that it would be a pullet.

Polish:
Didn't hatch?: 1 DIED IN BROODER

LF's:
Didn't hatch?: 1 DIED IN BROODER

CM's:
Females:1 1 DIS=0
Males:1 1 EUTH = 0
Didn't hatch?: 2 -(1 FEMALE (DIS); 1 MALE (EUTHANIZED)

OE's:
Females:7
Males:5
Didn't hatch?:

CL's:
We already know you have the following and the predictions were correct!:
Females:2
Didn't hatch: 1

Hi Tina, I am Nellie. Don't worry, you didn't offend or upset me at all. I am much tougher than that. Actually you are correct, I need to explain the results, not just post pics. Most people will not read through the whole thread, they just want the end result, and I need to give exact numbers.
I was at the coop all yesterday working on the Panic room integration method to get these guys out of here before the neighbors get the HOA involved. I have had a few fly over our fence and visit them, so not to chance it I needed to start converting the coop/run.
I will get to exact numbers and stats ASAP.
-Nellie

@Nksg75 , I'm watching to see how closely your predictions came to your actual gender results.

As for Polish, I've never had them, but have read that the shape of the crest is an indication. Cockerel crest is more flat on top and triangular in shape, while pullet crest is more rounded.

Hi Tina, I am Nellie. Don't worry, you didn't offend or upset me at all. I am much tougher than that. Actually you are correct, I need to explain the results, not just post pics. Most people will not read through the whole thread, they just want the end result, and I need to give exact numbers.
I was at the coop all yesterday working on the Panic room integration method to get these guys out of here before the neighbors get the HOA involved. I have had a few fly over our fence and visit them, so not to chance it I needed to start converting the coop/run.
I will get to exact numbers and stats ASAP.
-Nellie

Dealing with HOA's and grumpy neighbors is not fun!!! Get those little escapees squared away first ;). You can tell us about the results when you have time!! :)

Back
Top Bottom