GGroundHen's Day
Time to party as Ground Hen's Day has arrived. Sadly for those of us who don't like winter, Pennsylvania Phyllis emerged from her coop and saw her shadow. 6 more weeks of winter to come.

View attachment 3393379
Awwww that’s too bad!

I will have to see what happens here when the sun gets up. If Ol Blue sees his shadow or not 🥰

Of course either way we still have at least 6 weeks of winter.

Dear Aurora,
I am exhausted. My name is Eli and I am only a very small chicken and know I will never be top chicken (though I am working on a magnificent beard).
I am OK with that, but I need your help on how I can get a decent night's sleep. I know you have a very demanding job keeping all the other chickens in their place and I am sure you must have mastered the art of managing your own wellbeing, and I can see from your photos that you look very youthful and energetic (particularly when there are blueberries available) and therefore I believe you must be getting enough sleep.
Here is my problem. I live with two other chickens. One I have known from hatch (Babs) and one who I think follows your advice closely (Bernadette). And come bed time those two get all riled up and there is so much noise and flying back and forth that I cannot get any rest.
It takes for forever for them to settle down and we always end up in the same places anyway with me and Babs up in the rafters, and Bernie over by the heater (which looks like a very nice place by the way), so why all the fuss?
Why can't Bernie and Babs just accept that is where we will all end up and go straight there? Why does Bernie need to fly where Babs is so that Babs flies where I am and I have to fly somewhere else? And why do they have to do that over, and over, and over again? And, why do they have to make such a racket while they do it? Honestly the lungs on Babs and Bernadette is quite astonishing to me (I tend to squeak just a little).
To give you a sense of how much of a problem this is, twice now I have been forced to bed down in random places because the running around has gone on for so long that it got too dark for me to see to get up to the rafters.
I would really appreciate your advice on how to get more shut-eye. As the days get longer my issue will only get worse and I really, really need my beauty sleep - I can feel the bags around my eyes getting bigger with each passing day!
Yours,
Eli (severely sleep deprived)
View attachment 3393129
Ummm, that isn't Eli...no beard and muffs. Did you post a picture of Babs by mistake???

Ummm, that isn't Eli...no beard and muffs. Did you post a picture of Babs by mistake???
Problem solved.
Apologies to everyone and in particular to Eli.
My only excuse is I was tired, and scrambling to get Eli’s letter to Aurora published rapidly in response to Bob’s challenge to our chickens.

:oops:

Back
Top Bottom