Not my cup of tea... DH walked into work today... he made a run at the drift with the tracker first and then this afternoon BIL showed up and wrecked most of my little walking paths with the tractor. I cope with the dreaded white stuff by following consistent paths through it and slowly crunching it down until it begins to melt and get icy, then I move over and crunch a new path next to the old one. By following the lay of the land and avoiding the drifts this works very well. Until someone “plows” and gets the tractor stuck and does some donuts to get it out. I don’t want to know what he’s done to the roads!View attachment 2530319View attachment 2530320View attachment 2530322
Oh you do have it bad!
That is my strategy too, but this time it is just too deep so I have had to dig ‘passes’ through the heaps. I am a bit worried about the next few days where it will be warm enough to melt and then freeze and turn icy.

Temporary chicken tax payment? One brave little chicken... she saw me walking to the place the good snacks come from and was attempting to follow
E73C371E-6B23-4E03-97EC-53C723AB8605.jpeg

And it looks like someone went for a little walk in the woods
4C3FDE94-4CED-4F01-B61B-90A27E77EF77.jpeg

And scratch was enough to lure everyone out briefly for a quick before bed snack. Chickie Hawk doesn’t even pretend to dislike me when the weather is this bad. But he did bite Andrew’s hand yesterday when he was putting the waterer in the roosting box.
314D904B-74BF-43E8-B487-F6E935CDEE56.jpeg

Temporary chicken tax payment? One brave little chicken... she saw me walking to the place the good snacks come from and was attempting to followView attachment 2530385
And it looks like someone went for a little walk in the woodsView attachment 2530384
And scratch was enough to lure everyone out briefly for a quick before bed snack. Chickie Hawk doesn’t even pretend to dislike me when the weather is this bad. But he did bite Andrew’s hand yesterday when he was putting the waterer in the roosting box.View attachment 2530386
I was going to say you better have given her snacks. This kind of weather is so hard on them if they are not used to it. I hope it melts soon.

Thank you. It was inspired by an old thread on here called Fluffy Butt Friday, where every Friday people would post pictures of fluffy butts. I was addicted to it for over a year until it died out.
we need to restart that tread i got the name "Florastello" by combining parts of my chickens names. the name is proudly painted in the coop

Back
Top Bottom