Ugh. Poor Moon! Is the bulge a bit dark looking? Could be a hematoma/haematoma from straining. That is basically a bleed into the tissue under the skin. Think of a really bad boxers black eye where the eye swells shut.
In that case hemorrhoid cream won’t solve it but won’t hurt. A bit of gentle cooling might be soothing - like a towel you put in the fridge for a few hours and then hold over the bulge.
Hope she is better soon.
I think this is exactly what is wrong with her. I got some cream for the complaint and applied some today. The bulge had gone down a bit but It's still drying out and that isn't good.
She's in with me again tonight.
P6023778.JPG

Phyllis vs the Nesting Boxes

I'll put this simply, Phyllis does not lay in the nest boxes if she can avoid it at all. She prefers the brush pile despite my taking them every day. Locked in the coop complex all day yesterday she decided to lay out in the run right by the feeding station. Somehow no one stepped on it. In her defense, the run was full of straw to give them something to dig through yesterday.
View attachment 2174400

When she was locked in the complex for 3 days while we went to see Eve she did use the nest boxes but it does seem that she prefers almost anywhere else.
View attachment 2174401
Wow. I hadn't realised what amazing colour range she has.

I think this is exactly what is wrong with her. I got some cream for the complaint and applied some today. The bulge had gone down a bit but It's still drying out and that isn't good.
View attachment 2175279
Good luck Moon. Your Aussie friends are on your side.

View attachment 2175279
I'm glad you have it figured out. Hopefully no laying is required for the foreseeable future and it can heal up. :hugs :hugs

We are there with you in spirit. Let her know she is loved around the world and we are all keeping her in our thoughts and prayers.

I'm glad you have it figured out. Hopefully no laying is required for the foreseeable future and it can heal up. :hugs :hugs

We are there with you in spirit. Let her know she is loved around the world and we are all keeping her in our thoughts and prayers.
It,? don't you mean she?

To the Storm Celler!

We had a series of thunderstorms today and one that was pparticularly vicious. The winds were clocked at 70 mph (112 kph). 🌬⛈ Here is a video of some of the storm.

The ladies all huddled under their house to be safe,.
Under the Coop_20200603_113552.jpg

Once it looked like the worst was over, then sent Aurora out to check and make sure.

20200603_113323.jpg

She eventually came to the house to be certain everything was good.

20200603_195611.jpg

Once everyone saw her at the house, they all spilled out from under the house.
Everyone safe and sound.

Back
Top Bottom