Silly chickens.
the little ones are so big now they barely fit up at the top of the window but they are still sleeping there.
I can’t reach to take them down so I have to wait until they decide they want to join the Princesses.
this is how it looks at night.
25DFB798-03B0-472E-8A07-C34292201E2C.jpeg

Bad temper in the Palace
I am still getting used to this whole aggression thing. This was Maggie being bad tempered with the little ones as everyone woke up this morning.
It doesn't seem too bad to me. Do you agree. I am still hoping they just sort it out themselves. But if anyone thinks I should be doing more to keep them apart or anything I would welcome the advice. It looks to me like a grumpy slap not outright trying to kill them.
What do you think?

Silly chickens.
the little ones are so big now they barely fit up at the top of the window but they are still sleeping there.
I can’t reach to take them down so I have to wait until they decide they want to join the Princesses.
this is how it looks at night.
View attachment 2288262
Nature will force the change eventually. They are adorable up there!

Bad temper in the Palace
I am still getting used to this whole aggression thing. This was Maggie being bad tempered with the little ones as everyone woke up this morning.
It doesn't seem too bad to me. Do you agree. I am still hoping they just sort it out themselves. But if anyone thinks I should be doing more to keep them apart or anything I would welcome the advice. It looks to me like a grumpy slap not outright trying to kill them.
What do you think?
You have seen video of Aurora pulling someone down off of the high roost in my coop. I did nothing. It was much more violent than that.

The following is all my opinion based upon my observations. It frankly is all I have to go on.
They must figure it out themselves. It can be very nasty. There is really nothing you can or should do aside from breaking up something where blood is drawn.

Back
Top Bottom